2018 Imagine 2150RB Furnace ducting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Imagine 2150RB Furnace ducting

I just purchased a used 2018 Imagine 2150RB back in June and have been doing some work to it to get it road ready. One of the issues was a leak at the kitchen sink drain which meant that I needed to pull out the drawers below the sink. Once I did I noticed one of the four flexible duct lines coming off of the furnace was not connected to anything. There was however a hole in the floor that seemed like it was put there for a vent line so I pushed the end of the duct down the hole and went on about my work.

Today I was back working on the sink when I noticed that the upper vent outlet in the bedroom had no vent line attached so now I'm not sure if that line was supposed to go to the floor or go to the upper bedroom vent. I've been searching but I can't find anywhere that tells how the vents should be connected.

Here's the current setup in my trailer.
    Four duct outputs from the furnace.
    1. Vent at the bottom of the sink cabinet across from refrigerator.
    2. Vent next to power distribution panel below cabinet.
    3. Vent out at floor level in bedroom (other side of sink wall).
    4. Was found not connected.

My trailer has the Artic insulation package installed. I've read that heat is sent in some trailers to the plenum to keep tank from freezing but can find nothing specific to this model.

Questions:
    1. If the floor is where the extra duct is supposed to go what is the upper bedroom duct for? Return air for when the bedroom door is closed?
    2. If the upper bedroom vent should be connected then why is there a hole in the floor under my kitchen sink?

I appreciate any help the group can provide.
    Paul

2018 Imagine 2150RB
    2003 GMC Yukon Denali 6.0L AWD
    1969 Airstream Overlander (project)

The larger diameter ducts are for inside the coach heat, smaller diameter ducts are for heating the tank area, 4" for inside and 2" for the under belly area if I recall correctly.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hi Brian,

My furnace only has 4" ducts running off of it. The hole in the floor under the sink cabinet is a 4" hole and the bedroom vent that doesn't have a duct connected to it is also 4".

My gut is telling me that the unconnected duct for heating the plenum and upper bedroom duct is a return. Typically I wouldn't put a return vent directly above the heat vent but I guess that is mostly dictated by space limitations.
      Paul

2018 Imagine 2150RB

Comment

Originally posted by pbrabson View Post
        I just purchased a used 2018 Imagine 2150RB back in June and have been doing some work to it to get it road ready. One of the issues was a leak at the kitchen sink drain which meant that I needed to pull out the drawers below the sink. Once I did I noticed one of the four flexible duct lines coming off of the furnace was not connected to anything. There was however a hole in the floor that seemed like it was put there for a vent line so I pushed the end of the duct down the hole and went on about my work.

Today I was back working on the sink when I noticed that the upper vent outlet in the bedroom had no vent line attached so now I'm not sure if that line was supposed to go to the floor or go to the upper bedroom vent. I've been searching but I can't find anywhere that tells how the vents should be connected.

Here's the current setup in my trailer.
        Four duct outputs from the furnace.
        1. Vent at the bottom of the sink cabinet across from refrigerator.
        2. Vent next to power distribution panel below cabinet.
        3. Vent out at floor level in bedroom (other side of sink wall).
        4. Was found not connected.

My trailer has the Artic insulation package installed. I've read that heat is sent in some trailers to the plenum to keep tank from freezing but can find nothing specific to this model.

Questions:
        1. If the floor is where the extra duct is supposed to go what is the upper bedroom duct for? Return air for when the bedroom door is closed?
        2. If the upper bedroom vent should be connected then why is there a hole in the floor under my kitchen sink?

I appreciate any help the group can provide.
        Paul,
        If I read the post correctly, that fourth duct is supposed to go to the vent at the base of the shower in the bathroom as shown below.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	256
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	119739

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

pbrabson

Regarding heating the underbelly, what GD does is tap off of the main 4" ducts as they run through the underbelly. There will be a few 2" (or smaller) ducts in critical locations (fresh water tank, etc).

The pic below is one of these small ducts that tap into one of the main lines under my 315RLTS. (Not the best pic, but the best I could find in my collection.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	273
Size:	939.3 KB
ID:	119744

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for that diagram Howard. I went back and checked and I now see the vent under the shower and can see it has a 4" duct connected to it. When I looked closer at the vent next to the power distribution panel I see it has a two inch duct connected. I can't tell where it's picked off but I assume it's from the single four inch line that goes into that cabinet. I guess I'm going to need to drop the panels on the bottom of the trailer to get the complete picture and figure out where that disconnected duct is supposed to go. Maybe the other end of that shower duct is disconnected under the floor and I cant see it from the 4 inch hole in the floor.
            Paul

2018 Imagine 2150RB

Comment

Working...
            X