2024 23LDE Furnace Issue (Resolved)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2024 23LDE Furnace Issue (Resolved)

Just a heads up in case of unusual heating issues.

We took our 23LDE out this weekend for our last trip this year. This was the first time we used the furnace other than firing it up for a few minutes to test it out. Outside temps dropped into the 40’s and the furnace fired up no problem. Airflow seemed a bit weak, but same as when we did the dealer walkthrough.

After a several minutes, I noticed the dinette seat that housed the furnace was getting hot (too hot to hold your hand on), and warm air was coming out of the return air vent. That didn’t seem right, so shut off the furnace and popped the seat. I found the rear panel of the heat exchanger was off, and no screws anywhere in the area. It looked as if the unit had been removed for some reason, and they took the rear panel off rather than remove the ducts.

I put new screws in and everything seems to work. We have great airflow from all vents now.

As hot as the wood on the dinette was, this could have caused serious damage had we gone to bed.

I have no idea if this happened at the factory, or if a dealer tech worked on the unit before delivery, but pooches were screwed. I never found the original screws, so I don’t think they vibrated loose.

Bill Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3110.jpg
Views:	255
Size:	169.3 KB
ID:	123887 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3109.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	170.1 KB
ID:	123888

Bill and Deb
    2024 Imagine XLS 23LDE
    Retired & Ramblin’

Good find, or bad I guess, thanks for sharing.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Bill & Deb.
      How did you remove the seat? Pop strait up and off? Any Screws?
      I need to double check my new 2023, 23lde for sure!!
      Alan D
      2023 23LDE
      2014 Nissan Armada SL + Tow Pack

Comment

Remove the cushion and the three screws for access to the furnace.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Working...
        X