Upgrade single zone Furrion T-stat to integrated heat sensor model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrade single zone Furrion T-stat to integrated heat sensor model

Twice I've had a problem with run-away heat, meaning the thermostat kept reading the initial temperature (say, 58F) while the room temperature was approaching 80 and still climbing. This has been discussed in other threads here and here and likely elsewhere.

Since it wasn't clear if the problem was in the thermostat or the sensor protruding from the controller in the ceiling a/c unit, I decided to replace both.

There was utterly no information regarding compatibility between the t-stat, controller and roof a/c unit on Lippert's website, I called their customer service to confirm what will follow below will work.

The OEM t-stat in our unit was: FACW10SA-BL and the OEM controller was FACC10SA-BL.

Additionally, I wanted the system to sense room temperature for the heating mode, instead of using the combined heating/air conditioning sensor in the a/c return air duct. This issue has also been discussed at length, with many opting to install the remote sensor offered (free I believe from GD).

The new t-stat, with the integrated heat sensor protruding from the underside is FACW10ESSA-BL. Furrion and Lippert's websites for this have conflicting pictures, with some showing the integral sensor protruding out the bottom and others showing the older model. There is even a picture of the dual zone one. Not a peep in the text about the integral sensor.

The old controller listed above is not compatible with the new t-stat, so I also installed a new controller FACC10ESSA-BL.

The total for both was about $160 from Amazon. Controller and T-stat. You will see the same erroneous pictures on Amazon re the t-stat.

Ottertail, Minnesota
    2022 Imagine 2500RL VIN 573TE3029N6637046
    2022 Ford F-150 Lariat, SuperCrew, long box, max tow

AlexPeterson -- thanks for posting this helpful information. Will be interesting to read a future follow-up from you on whether this change fixes the issue.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      AlexPeterson -- thanks for posting this helpful information. Will be interesting to read a future follow-up from you on whether this change fixes the issue.

Howard
      Thanks Howard - will try to do so. Nothing else in the control circuitry, so if it decides to roast us again... Also, we use primarily electric heat for overnights and mornings in AZ, easier than getting propane and slightly cheaper.
      Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

I’m planning to do that as well. Probably will move the room sensor too.
        Rich

Comment

Originally posted by RV2600RB View Post
          I’m planning to do that as well. Probably will move the room sensor too.
          Rich
          I just poked the room sensor, now only for a/c, through the foam filter and an inch into the room. It'd be fine above in the return air, but I couldn't help myself!
          Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

Alex did the new T-stat and control fix your heat temperature situation? Does the thermostat now hold your set temperature accurately?
            2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

Originally posted by Reacher View Post
              Alex did the new T-stat and control fix your heat temperature situation? Does the thermostat now hold your set temperature accurately?
              With very limited experience as yet, it seems to - but so did the original, most of the time. Since I didn't know which part, t-stat or controller, was haywire, I replaced both. I do now at least have the temperature sensor for heat NOT in the ceiling, buried in the a/c return plenum. Their design idea was for the a/c fan to run on low whenever the heat is on, but that wouldn't work if one were boondocking. Dumb idea.
              Ottertail, Minnesota

Comment

Working...
              X