Furrion A/C soft start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion A/C soft start

Considering purchasing a portable generator to possibly run our 15K BTU A/C (model # FACR15HESA-BL) in our 2024 22MLE. I thought I read somewhere that Furrion now installs "soft starts" in their A/C units. Can anyone confirm or debunk this??? Thanks for the help.
    Brad & Christie
    2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2022 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8
    Weigh Safe Middleweight WD

Originally posted by TC27 View Post
    Considering purchasing a portable generator to possibly run our 15K BTU A/C (model # FACR15HESA-BL) in our 2024 22MLE. I thought I read somewhere that Furrion now installs "soft starts" in their A/C units. Can anyone confirm or debunk this??? Thanks for the help.
    Not to my knowledge.

If you'd like to do more research, Lippert has a list of Furrion A/C units and their manuals here: https://support.lci1.com/air-conditioning

If you call Lippert and ask them your question, please post back what they say.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

According to this etrailer review, the FACR15SA-W-C does have a soft start capacitor. It also has the dual fan design just like the FACR15HESA. So probably not all Furrion AC's have that capacitor, but the FACR15HESA might. Needs further investigation: https://www.etrailer.com/tv-Demo-Fur...R15SA-W-C.aspx
      2023 Trancend 240ML
      Equalizer 10K WDH
      2018 F150 V8

Comment

Originally posted by emcee View Post
        According to this etrailer review, the FACR15SA-W-C does have a soft start capacitor. It also has the dual fan design just like the FACR15HESA. So probably not all Furrion AC's have that capacitor, but the FACR15HESA might. Needs further investigation: https://www.etrailer.com/tv-Demo-Fur...R15SA-W-C.aspx
        That's is an intriguing design. Thanks for posting the link.

From the etrailer site:

So right off you can see it's a nice dual fan technology has a condenser fan with an own separate motor and an evaporator fan with its own motor. This will run 25% more efficiently than a single fan unit. You notice they use custom fit foam pieces here that will fit over the condenser fan and the evaporator fan to provide a nice, very efficient system. The dual fan technology is more quiet than a single fan unit, and it includes a sleep mode function to further reduce vibration and noise. This AC unit does use a soft turn-on feature with no extra start capacitor needed.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

So I finally got a hold of Tech Support at Furrion and was told that they do not install soft starts in any of their AC units!
          Brad & Christie
          2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2022 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8
          Weigh Safe Middleweight WD

Comment

Originally posted by TC27 View Post
            So I finally got a hold of Tech Support at Furrion and was told that they do not install soft starts in any of their AC units!
            My experience is limited to the MicroAir unit...but I'd buy it again without hesitation. Both (one in each a.c unit) have served me well over the years.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
            X