Running furnace with slides closed?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running furnace with slides closed?

Hi, new RV'er here. We are on Vancouver Island BC up in the Pacific Northwet! Plan to use the RV year round, not full time. Our winters have a LOT of rain , some relatively light snow for a week or so. Pretty confident in saying I should leave the slides in when sitting unused? BUT, can I run the factory furnace system with them in? Leave the AC system running on fan mode for circulation? 2019 Reflection 297RSTS...
    2019 Reflection 297RSTS Vin # 573TR3424K3319511
    2020 Sierra HD AT-4

Originally posted by Farklepilot View Post
    Hi, new RV'er here. We are on Vancouver Island BC up in the Pacific Northwet! Plan to use the RV year round, not full time. Our winters have a LOT of rain , some relatively light snow for a week or so. Pretty confident in saying I should leave the slides in when sitting unused? BUT, can I run the factory furnace system with them in? Leave the AC system running on fan mode for circulation? 2019 Reflection 297RSTS...
    I have a 2018 297RSTS and it is not a problem to run the furnace with the slides in. The heat registers are in the kitchen island and are not blocked by the slides being in. As well there is enough space between the dining room slide and the furnace cold air return in the hutch to allow for air flow. All other registers are not affected by the slides.

I have run the furnace with the dining room slide in when we stop overnight somewhere and want less to do when leaving. Can't leave the kitchen slide in when you need to get into the fridge.

Rob
    Rob & Barb
    2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
    2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Thanks again Rob! So pretty sure that answers my question about storing with slides in/out. Slides in, furnace on !
      2019 Reflection 297RSTS Vin # 573TR3424K3319511
      2020 Sierra HD AT-4

Comment

Originally posted by Farklepilot View Post
        Thanks again Rob! So pretty sure that answers my question about storing with slides in/out. Slides in, furnace on !
        That's exactly what I would do. I always store mine with slides in just no furnace running.

Rob
        Rob & Barb
        2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
        2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

Working...
        X