303RLS thermostat not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 303RLS thermostat not working

Hey guys (and gals), We have a 2020 303RLS. It has been wintered in an unheated barn and we starting to get ready for our first trip this year. The AC worked fine the last time we used it but we turned it on yesterday to do a systems check and it would not cool. The fan come on but no cool air. The unit in the bedroom came on and worked fine. We're plugged in to a 30 amp plug but it worked fine that way in the fall. It ran for a couple of hours and never did cool so I checked the roof unit to make sure it hadn't frozen up and it had not. Is there something I could do to identify the problem?
    Last edited by Roaddawg2020; 05-28-2021, 05:52 PM.

Roaddawg2020

It sounds like the refrigerant may have leaked out over the winter. Unfortunately, these units are not serviceable/refillable like a residential unit. There isn't even a port to attach a pressure gauge to see if you have refrigerant. About the only thing that you can check is whether or not the compressor is coming on. If the compressor is not coming on, this may be an electrical problem rather than lack of refrigerant.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Roaddawg2020 View Post
      Hey guys (and gals), We have a 2020 303RLS. It has been wintered in an unheated barn and we starting getting ready for our first trip this year. The AC worked fine the last time we used it but we turned it on yesterday to for a systems check and it would not cool. The fan come on but no cool air. The unit in the bedroom came on and worked fine. We're plugged in to a 30 amp plug but it worked fine that way in the fall. It ran for a couple of hours and never did cool so I checked the roof unit to make sure it hadn't frozen up and it had not. Is there something I could do to identify the problem?
      This is a great video on the troubleshooting steps (should you have the desire and ability to do it yourself).

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Rob.

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

This is a great video on the troubleshooting steps (should you have the desire and ability to do it yourself).

Great video. Thanks for posting. I am pretty handy with simple/normal fixes but this might be more complicated than I feel comfortable taking on. Looks like warranty work. Glad we found it now rather in the middle of a trip to Utah which is coming up in a few months.

Comment

Depending on the unit, I had 2 Dometic units plug the Capillary tube and quit cooling.

Unfortunately they are non serviceable units, but there are DIY parts out there for upgrading from Capillary tubes to an expansion valve setup. You will need to have access to the necessary tools to pull a vacuum and braze in the new parts and ports to upgrade if its out of the warranty. And DIY replacement voids the warranty even though the units are plug and play replacement.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X