rain sensor not working in the ceiling vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rain sensor not working in the ceiling vent

I like the feature that we could leave the ceiling vent open and it would close automatically if it started to rain. It stopped working this summer. I assume the rain sensor is the cause. Can the sensor be replaced? Where can I get it?
    thanks,
    Dave
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider

Dave27
    Hi Dave,

I think the part that you need is MaxxAir 10-40007K. (See https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...rsn=8ecc016b_8 to make sure this is for your model of fan) There are several on-line sources if you search by this PN.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Dave27 View Post
      I like the feature that we could leave the ceiling vent open and it would close automatically if it started to rain. It stopped working this summer. I assume the rain sensor is the cause. Can the sensor be replaced? Where can I get it?
      thanks,
      Dave
      Dave,
      Consider installing a MaxxAir FanMate cover instead. Then there's no need to close the vent when it's raining. Looks like the cost is a push (new rain sensor vs FanMate).

Howard

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

The MaxxAir Fanmate cover does work well at keeping the rain out even when the hatch is fully open. Oddly enough . . . the fully open hatch runs into the cover . . . but, MaxxAir says that this is "OK".

We have three MaxxAir units. The one over the galley has a cover. The ones in the bathroom and bedroom do not because the cover does significantly reduce the amount of daylight that comes through the open hatch. I just installed these last spring and so far the rain sensors have closed the uncovered hatches a couple of times.

A replacement rain sensor looks to be about $15. Considerably less than a Fanmate cover. The cover is certainly a more "fail safe" solution. We don't trust the rain sensors if we are far from the trailer.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
          A replacement rain sensor looks to be about $15. Considerably less than a Fanmate cover.
          I saw an ad in the $50 range for the sensor--obviously I should have researched further.
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
            Dave27
            Hi Dave,

I think the part that you need is MaxxAir 10-40007K. (See https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...rsn=8ecc016b_8 to make sure this is for your model of fan) There are several on-line sources if you search by this PN.

Rob
            thank you for finding this. And Howard thank you for your suggestion. I would prefer to just install a new sensor, I have been happy with it.

thanks,
            Dave
            2016 Reflection 27RL
            2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
            B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

Working...
            X