Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thermostat for Furnace & AC (minor problem)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thermostat for Furnace & AC (minor problem)

I have a Suburban furnace & Coleman AC in my 2021 303RLS controlled by an Airxcel digital thermostat. We are winter Texans for three months and had the opportunity to use the AC a couple of days ago (before the cold snap). I set the thermostat to cold low fan and it started up. Thinking the fan was running pretty fast, I changed it to cold high fan to see the difference. The fan slowed down! It seems the high speed and low speed settings are reversed. Could it be a wire mix-up at the thermostat or something else? I don't have a thermostat manual so if it's a wire mix-up, can I change it at the thermostat? If so, how do I remove it from the wall? I don't want to force/break it. I've changed or replaced several thermostats on my homes over the past many tears but I can't see how this one removes.
    Thanks all.
    Jim & Dot
    Richfield, WI.
    2021 Reflections 303RLS 5th wheel
    2015 GMC 2500HD Double Cab w/Duramax

Jim-Dot Jim, looking at several of the manuals online it appears the grey and green wires are backwards.

https://www.airxcel.com/DesktopModul...f/1976a376.pdf

I think the thermostat is on a set of key slots. Lift slightly and it releases. Pg 1 right side https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...vrsn=9f9076b_6
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jim-Dot View Post
      If so, how do I remove it from the wall? I don't want to force/break it. I've changed or replaced several thermostats on my homes over the past many tears but I can't see how this one removes.
      Thanks all.
      In my 310GK the thermostat wouldn't just lift off. I took the two halves apart, from the side, and I see that GD installs them with screws, even though there are obviously key slots to use for the installation.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Old Living Room Thermostat.JPG
Views:	257
Size:	134.1 KB
ID:	75027
      Pat and Karen
      2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

That's what it was. The two wires for the fan were reversed.

Thanks ALL.
        Jim & Dot
        Richfield, WI.
        2021 Reflections 303RLS 5th wheel
        2015 GMC 2500HD Double Cab w/Duramax

Comment

Working...
        X