Front Air Conditioner Angle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Air Conditioner Angle

I have a 2021 Reflection 150 Series 240RL. I want to install a second air conditioner in the forward location above the bed. In my research, I noticed that the installation instructions of the AC manufacturers limit the tilt angle to 5-15 degrees incline (nose up). My measurements indicate that the tilt/angle of the forward air conditioner would be approximately 5-6 degrees decline (nose down). Is this a problem that anyone has run into? Is it as simple as finding some sort of adapter? Thanks for any help or insight!

Never seen one with a limit on nose up angle. I helped a friend install a Dometic and it said something like “Level installation is preferred, but up to 15 degree angle front to back or side to side is acceptable”
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

pacacmech Take a look on RV trader for a forest river rockwood fifth wheel. Those have a sharp slope everywhere except right at what would be the top of the interior stairs. They always catch my eye because of how the a/c units are mounted on that slope.
      Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
      2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
      2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
      2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
      Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

Working...
      X