367BHS 2nd Room A/C Vent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 367BHS 2nd Room A/C Vent

Has anyone pulled the louvered vent off the A/C duct? Our room spare room stays a lot warmer and the flow is poor compared to the other A/C vents such as the bathroom for example. I pulled the vent cover off and found that GD boxed in the airflow to the vent cover instead of ducting to the vent. Does anyone else have poor ventilation in the 2nd room? I am looking for ideas on adding ducting to the louvered vent.
    Michael Skiba
    Reflection 367BHS
    Ford Superduty diesel

Originally posted by Skiba View Post
    Has anyone pulled the louvered vent off the A/C duct? Our room spare room stays a lot warmer and the flow is poor compared to the other A/C vents such as the bathroom for example. I pulled the vent cover off and found that GD boxed in the airflow to the vent cover instead of ducting to the vent. Does anyone else have poor ventilation in the 2nd room? I am looking for ideas on adding ducting to the louvered vent.
    Can you post a picture or two of the issue?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6111.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	86549
      Taken with my endoscope

See how the ducting stops then it is directed by it being boxed in to the louvered vent. Seems to be very inefficient. Did GD forget to extend the ducting or is this the way they planned it.
      Michael Skiba
      Reflection 367BHS
      Ford Superduty diesel

Comment

Name:	IMG_6111.JPG
Views:	296
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	86549
        Taken with my endoscope

See how the ducting stops then it is directed by it being boxed in to the louvered vent. Seems to be very inefficient. Did GD forget to extend the ducting or is this the way they planned it.
        I am not sure what that duct is or what it is for. If you removed the louvered vent to take this picture the vent should be installed right into the duct work that runs from the rear AC to the front AC or bedroom. Why would there be this piece of duct work inside the track?

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

The room is a lot warmer then the rest of the trailer and I found that the ducting ends at the top of the boxed in and much larger area reducing the air flow to the louver. Is this common with all 367BHS's? Is the airflow much less than the other ceiling vents in the spare room? I believe the ducting was not put in or was this the plan for Grand Design. It seems that the airflow is reduced when it goes from 5 inched to boxed in 8 or so inches back to 5 inch into the room
          Michael Skiba
          Reflection 367BHS
          Ford Superduty diesel

Comment

With this model having the loft above the bunk house that duct in your pic should come down into the bunk room. Sorry the loft was confusing me as to why you had no air flow from the duct and I did not realize that this unit had the loft. I think you may need to call GD to get some answers on how the bunk room gets ac flow, you may need to send them the pic you posted above.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

New here. Appreciate the information available here to help me address mid bunk cooling in the 367bhs. Thought I would post my solution here. I fought myself quite a bit on 12v vs 120v options. Ended up going with a 120v fan from ac infinity with a variable control and standard grounded plug. Used dryer vent with some plastic dryer vent mounting plates found in the same area of Home Depot. The fan is suspended from the dryer vent rather than mounted to the wall, and makes no noise that way. Ran the cord under the mattress to the outlet. Plug in as needed. It works well, to bring the cool air down into the bunk, but a single vent is still insufficient on the hottest days with the sun directly on the slide.

Comment

Originally posted by RRCajun View Post
                New here. Appreciate the information available here to help me address mid bunk cooling in the 367bhs. Thought I would post my solution here. I fought myself quite a bit on 12v vs 120v options. Ended up going with a 120v fan from ac infinity with a variable control and standard grounded plug. Used dryer vent with some plastic dryer vent mounting plates found in the same area of Home Depot. The fan is suspended from the dryer vent rather than mounted to the wall, and makes no noise that way. Ran the cord under the mattress to the outlet. Plug in as needed. It works well, to bring the cool air down into the bunk, but a single vent is still insufficient on the hottest days with the sun directly on the slide.
                Interesting idea! Can't help but wonder if a temperature-driven relay added to automate powering the fan could make it even better? Trigger the relay with 12vDC (based on a preset temperature) which would then pass the 120vAC to turn on the fan. Reach the right temperature--fan should turn off. Hopefully the trigger device can be programmed with a "spread" so it's not constantly turning on and off (I'd think a 5 to 10 degree F spread)?

Just thinking (and writing) "out loud"...thanks for posting.

Howard
                Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Thanks. That’s sounds like a good set-and-forget solution. So far it has worked to turn on/turn up when my daughter complains. 😊. Not a full timer, so it is manageable. I have RV Airflow in both ACs which helps also.

Comment

We have 2020 Solitude 377MBS mid-bunk with the same issue of low flow from a/c in the bunk room. Looks same as the OP’s photo from below. My question is, how did you get into the cavity to install the dryer duct and fan? Don’t have the Air Flows in either a/c unit, but bunk room air flow is much better when both a/c’s are running. Thanks!
                    Doug & Barb
                    2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
                    2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
                    No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
                    Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

RRCajun -- Doug's question (post 10) I believe is directed to you. SolitudeAtLast -- best to tag or quote so the recipient is aware there's a question waiting for them (they'll get a notification like you just did since I tagged you).

Howard

Comment

Originally posted by SolitudeAtLast View Post
                        We have 2020 Solitude 377MBS mid-bunk with the same issue of low flow from a/c in the bunk room. Looks same as the OP’s photo from below. My question is, how did you get into the cavity to install the dryer duct and fan? Don’t have the Air Flows in either a/c unit, but bunk room air flow is much better when both a/c’s are running. Thanks!
                        The cavity on mine is just a rectangle box (3sided and then the wall) made of panelboard in the loft above the midbunk. There are a couple of wood screws to remove then you can move it left or right to expose the space. It’s a little funky but I was able to carefully move mine, do the build, then move it back to keep the factory look.

Comment

I haven't visited this string for quite a while, I thank everyone for your input. It does appear to be a design flaw with the same boxed in ducting. I think I will find a flange and dryer venting to drop down into the ceiling louver.
                          Michael Skiba
                          Reflection 367BHS
                          Ford Superduty diesel

Comment

I haven't visited this string for quite a while, I thank everyone for your input. It does appear to be a design flaw with the same boxed in ducting. I think I will find a flange and dryer venting to drop down into the ceiling louver.
                            Please take pictures of the modification and post them (along with the results).

Comment

I have a 2021 367BHS and have the same issue, the room can get really hot. I added a fan to pull air in, it works out really good.

Name:	IMG_1316.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	114469 Click image for larger version

Name:	image002.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	114466 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1332.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	23.0 KB