Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Imagine 2800BH Dometic 15k BTU single A/C not blowing cold

Greetings,

Our single Dometic Brisk Air II 15k BTU a/c is not blowing cold. Replaced the capacitor once. Worked great for about a year. Replaced the capacitor again, worked for one day. Now it will blow cold for about 10 minutes then warm. Fan stays on. There is no hesitation when it starts, but the compressor is not kicking on. I hear a click, but thats it. Replaced with another new capacitor and same thing. The replacement capacitors I've been using are about $19 off Amazon. They are not the "Dometic" $57 capacitors. Is there a difference? I have posted a pic of the replacement capacitor. All specs are the same (60/5 +/-6). The a/c is a Brisk Air II 15k BTU. When I removed the old capacitor there was no spark when I "shorted" it? Was there supposed to be a charge?

We have the RV plugged into a 20a outlet on the side of the house. The a/c is only ever run in "low" mode with nothing else on. Kids enjoy sleeping in the RV overnight so about once or twice a week the a/c runs all night off of a single 20a outlet in "low" mode. I dont mind replacing $20 capacitors once a year in exchange for using it on a 20a outlet. It is a 2018 RV so the a/c is about 5 yrs old now and probably due to be replaced anyway.

So expanding your search pattern.
    Have you had your unit inspected for the AC recall?
    https://www.granddesignrv.com/sites/...l%20Letter.pdf (The NHSTA letter is a better read https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/201...7V620-2735.PDF)

This is my first trailer with AC, but replacing an AC component ever year is NOT normal. Most of my friends have 10-15 year old ACs, and they still run fine.
    Mike
    2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

HI,
      Thanks for the reply. I did look at that recall and I called GDRV and confirmed that my trailer does not fall under that VIN window. However, there is another recall involving the propane regulator so I'll be taking it in for that recall to get fixed so I appreciate you mentioning the recall because I had no idea about the propane one.

I ended up ordering a soft start for the A/C. Im installing it today so should be no issues going forward.

Comment

Working...
      X