2020 303RLS Grey Water Tank Slow to Drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 303RLS Grey Water Tank Slow to Drain

Here’s what I found with my kitchen grey tank. After using a tank blaster (grease and food blockage?) and a borescope (not rigid enough), I decided to go in 100%. First thing I did was remove the curtain in the pass through to inspect things; all good, dry, tight fittings. Next was to drop the belly pan. Not a job for the faint of heart. The screws came out ok, but the propane fittings were not easy. Dissimilar metals = corrosion. I broke half of them. Ugh.
    After identifying the kitchen grey tank, I checked the actuation of the blade valve; no problems. So I figured that I would have to disassemble the valve itself. Not easy; I had to cut the 1-1/2” ABS in order to get it apart. What I found was a dried blob of yellow ABS glue that had dislodged from inside the tank and was blocking the valve. As you can see, that’s why I was only getting a trickle when I drained the gray tank. In order to get the ABS pipe back together again, I had to cut off an extra inch, and then slide in a silicone adapter.
    Could an RV dealer have discovered this? Maybe with a better scope. Would backflushing have solved the problem? Sure, temporarily.
    I will say this; I’m in no hurry to drop that belly pan again.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Aljewett; 04-17-2023, 03:37 PM.
    2020 303 RLS
    2019 F-250 6.2L gas
    Dogs; 2 Boston Terriers that LOVE camping, Pearl and Trevor.

Aljewett

Per Rule #15 I have removed your link. If you would like to repost your question or issue here please feel free. Rules hereForum Rules - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian, Moderator
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X