Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drilling into Countertop

Good Morning Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone drilled into the countertops of the Reflection (solid surface). We have a 2022 and I am looking at installing in a drinking water tap at the kitchen sink. I need to drill a 1 3/8 inch hole, and it seems with this surface I can do it will a standard hole saw... is that correct?
    We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
    2022 Reflection 303RLS
    2016 GMC Denali 3500

Originally posted by gtippett View Post
    Good Morning Everyone,

Just wondering if anyone drilled into the countertops of the Reflection (solid surface). We have a 2022 and I am looking at installing in a drinking water tap at the kitchen sink. I need to drill a 1 3/8 inch hole, and it seems with this surface I can do it will a standard hole saw... is that correct?
    A hole saw worked on my 315RLTS' bathroom sink surface-- not sure if your unit's kitchen surface is the same. I taped off the area with painter's tape to minimize chipping.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson, when drilling it produces a plastic resin like shavings, correct, not like a natural stone when there is only powder.
      We live to serve our two Golder Retrievers
      2022 Reflection 303RLS
      2016 GMC Denali 3500

Comment

Originally posted by gtippett View Post
        Good Morning Everyone,

When drilling the hole for this Instahot, I first drilled the hole in plywood and then used the plywood to place over the countertop before drilling the hole for the Instahot. The plywood protected the rest of the countertop.

Best,

Charles
        2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

I blue taped the surface, then drilled with a hole saw. No problems.
          Mark & Kim Donnell
          Donnells On The Road!
          Fulltime since May 2021, somewhere in America, with our cats Iris & Rose.
          '21 303RLS + '20 Chevy 2500HD diesel.
          Our long RV Mods list (ask!) -
          https://tinyurl.com/MyRvMods

Comment

Working...
          X