De-winterizing for the first time with new trailer... you notice things

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• De-winterizing for the first time with new trailer... you notice things

New off the dealer lot 2022 GD Imagine 2670MK, which I purchase last October. Just getting it out for the first time since I got it home last fall.

1) The valve for the city water. so if I assume the bottom label is correct, then this position means fill the freshwater tank? Why can't think just put the label in the correct place? When I look at the manual, I think the Fresh Tank Fill should be at the tip of where the valve is pointed?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20230519_021947987_iOS_.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	54.8 KB
ID:	112514

2) ​ The suction valve for the winterize hose, why it is facing down and away? They are crimped connectors so not easy to flip over. I thinking I just leave it as it?

Name:	20230519_022013063_iOS_.jpg
Views:	238
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	112513
    3) So when the water spray from the shower head because you did not know it was on, because they did not apply any seal to the bottom of the wall panel beside the show pan, and the trailer is tilted cause you are working in the alley to get ready... the water will nicely flow under there, into the electrical area and then into the bedroom is a matter of seconds. I read a lot of people talking about having water in this model.. I wonder if this is part of how it happens.

Is it valid to put chalking around te base walls of the bathroom or will that cause me issues with expansion?

Name:	20230519_025127222_iOS_.jpg
Views:	522
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	112512

4) Should there be chalking all the way around the shower faucet or just randomly in spots were it got squeezed out the side?

Name:	20230519_025623957_iOS_.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	112515
    5) When I de-winterized, there was no pink in my pipes, which maybe way there is not label indicating the 'Factory ships with non-toxic... bla bla'.. Anyone else get a new trailer at the end of last season?

I'm not sure I got the A-Team's best assembly effort. It is the little quality things than irritant me.

By the way, thanks to Jim for the good video pointer on de-winterizing... very helpful. The missing bit of information for my model is you need to open Slide 2, pull the bottom office desk draw to get at the water heater tank bypass values.

Thanks,
    DJ
    2022 GD Imagine 2670MK 2023 F-150 6 Lariat 3.5L Eco Blue Ox Sway Pro
    Darren & Kristy + Mojo Canada

Originally posted by d-jeffrey View Post
    1) I think the Fresh Tank Fill should be at the tip of where the valve is pointed?

Yes, per the manual page 92. (I have no idea why the label is goofy as shown.)

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.png Views:	0 Size:	160.2 KB ID:	112523

2) ​ I thinking I just leave it as it?

My .02: leave it alone. At some point practice winterizing before you need to do it to ensure it works correct. ("Winterize" with some water in jugs.)

3) ...]Is it valid to put chalking around te base walls of the bathroom or will that cause me issues with expansion?
    ​​
    That would be a new one (to me). Difficult to remove caulking without damaging any of the interior should it be found to be a mistake. Consider consulting with GD Customer Service on this one.

4) Should there be chalking all the way around the shower faucet or just randomly in spots were it got squeezed out the side?
    ​​​
    Easy enough to put a cap seal around the shower faucet. Might want to scrape all the old sealant off to ensure good adhesion with the new material. Use plastic tools to keep from damaging the finish.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
    X