Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• black tank flush check valve

Hey All,
    I have a 2021 grand design 353g momentum. When I hook up a hose to the black tank flush I end up getting water on the floor in the kitchen. After chasing down the two black lines I found that they head up behind the shower wall to the check valve
    How do you access this? I have tried the shower handles and there is no access behind those to see it. Where else could I get access?

It may be just below the shower valves. Is there a removable panel on that wall in the garage area?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

No there is no access panel in garage, shower is towards the front on upper area.

Comment

Originally posted by kstack View Post
        No there is no access panel in garage, shower is towards the front on upper area.
        Sorry I was thinking of a rear bath.

Our valve was a good 6 inches below the shower valves.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Hey All,
          I have a 2021 grand design 353g momentum. When I hook up a hose to the black tank flush I end up getting water on the floor in the kitchen. After chasing down the two black lines I found that they head up behind the shower wall to the check valve
          How do you access this? I have tried the shower handles and there is no access behind those to see it. Where else could I get access?
          Looking at a Changing Lanes video of the 353G ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p36tIWoxsyk at the ~10 min mark) the only "hole" in the shower is the faucet handle. I know...you said it's not there...so what about on the bedroom side of the shower wall? In the video there's no good vantage point so unsure if there's anything at all there that may provide access.

If all else fails, call GD Customer Service (contact info on home page of this forum) and ask them. Please post the answer in this thread for future reference. (Thanks!)

Howard

​
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hey All,
            I would look in the kitchen cabinets for a removable panel. In looking at your floor plan it looks like the shower faucet is on the same wall as you kitchen cabinets. In my 375RES there is a false panel in the kitchen pantry that gives me access to the black tank check valve , it looks like the rest of the rear panty wall except it has a black screws in each corner on that shelf.
            Scott & Mikaela
            2022 375 RES
            2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

The lines run up between shower and master bedroom wall. May have to take panel off to access it.

Comment

Found it!! The 4 inch wife trim piece under the master bed TV has four screws that come off. Behind that trim piece is a small cut out where you can access both the shower valves and the black tank flush check valve!

Comment

Comment

kstack

That is great that you found it and shared the photos here. This will surely help others when the question arises. Helping is what this Forum is all about.

Did you find an issue with the valve?

Brian
                    Brian & Michelle
                    2018 Reflection 29RS
                    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have an Imagine 2150 RB unit. Dewinterized but first time I tried to use the black tank flush, I had water coming out from back side of trailer. I might have a cracked black tank flush check valve but cannot find where it is. I pulled the shower faucets but only hot and cold pipes there, Do I have to pull the shower panels to find the check valve? Appreciate any thoughts.
                      2018 Imagine 2150RB
                      2022 Chevy 2500 Silverado Gas

Comment

LMorganMNx -- unlikely that it is required to pull the shower panels. I looked through the interior (walk-through video on YouTube) and unfortunately do not have any idea where they might have hidden the valve. Only guess is there might be a removable panel buried somewhere in the towel cabinet (side of shower)?

The black tank is (obviously!) under the toilet in the rear of the camper, so it's there somewhere.

If no luck please give GD Customer Service a call (number on home page of this forum) and do us the favor of letting us know where it is.

Howard

P.S. Welcome to the forum! Please take a moment to fill out your signature line (all you need to know is referenced in the Welcome Letter linked off the home page.)

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Comment

Howson, thank you.
                          No panel behind the the towel cabinet area. Nothing under the Bathroom sink or water heater area.
                          I've been talking with GD but they have not shared where the valve is located. Very frustrating. They just sent me the general floor plan diagram but no pipes listed and nothing marked. I also tried the vacuum cleaner blowout method to see if that cleared the valve w/o luck. I also removed the three screws on the black tank flush exterior and can only pull the hose out a few inches but not enough room to find or pull anything. I started to pull off the coloplast lining but could not see up far enough.

I'm in Minnesota and did not think to blow out the flush hose when winterizing (blew everything else including exterior shower connections and then pumped antifreeze through the system) but thinking the valve might have cracked over the winter.

Appreciate all thoughts!
                          Last edited by LMorganMNx; 06-02-2023, 02:51 PM.
                          2018 Imagine 2150RB
                          2022 Chevy 2500 Silverado Gas

Comment

LMorganMNx

Take a closer look in the faucet opening. They may have intended the vacuum break valve to be there (this is a common location) but it has fallen to the side or dropped down. Phone camera pictures inside the opening might help.

Rob
                            Cate & Rob
                            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

LMorganMNx -- yes, the valve is cracked. Exact same failure mode a friend experienced (he lives in the UP of MI and also forgot to blow out the valve).

Comment

Working...
                              X