Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak at connection to spray port in 21bhe

Hi,
    Went to de-winterize my 21bhe and found a leak by the city inlet / battery switch area when I pressurized the lines. I pulled back the access panel and saw the leak coming from the black connector that hooks up to the cold water knob for the front spray port that is feed by a split from the fresh tank before it goes to the rest of the camper. I managed to get 1 clamp off the pex (pain in the butt), but then couldn’t remove the actual black connection part. So 1. What is the black connector and is it likely to be the problem, or could it possibly be on the other end of the connection into the rear of the spray port cold knob? Plumbers tape did nothing I think the seal mechanism is off. 2. Do I have to buy this whole pre assembled part or can I just find the back piece? 3. Do I need to cut the pex or is there a way to get it off? 4. Any issues with just bypassing the whole spray port / city v fresh tank valve thing for now so I can can camp this weekend by just directly splicing the braided tubing together out of fresh tank into rest of the camper? Thanks for any advice or troubleshooting!

That fitting is available at your local hardware store, Lowes, Home Depot, True Value, Ace and so on. You will have to get that pulled off of the fitting or off of the elbow in order to repair it. You will need 1/2" pex clamps, same as you have, and a tool to install the clamps, also a pex tubing cutter and a piece of blue pex. You may have been able to just replace the cone washer inside the fitting as seen in your first picture and they may have solved the leak. Unfortunately when you removed the pex clamp you will now need to pull it apart as mentioned. Having these tools and supplies on hand is good for when you need them again. When you pull this apart you can reuse the fittings and just get a cone washer but I would get a new fitting as it will be brass and less likely to fail.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

See the attachment to post 17 of this thread https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...nt-220rk/page2 for plumbing parts and tools and how things come apart and fit together. Also how to temporarily bypass something.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Bubbleh0us -- inside of the connector is what is called a cone seal. I suggest replacing that seal and see if that takes care of the leak. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ls-amazon-link for more information.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	128
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	112982

Also, look closely at the knob for any signs of cracking.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X