Kitchen sink spray nozzle hose leak. 2022 Solitude 3950BH-R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kitchen sink spray nozzle hose leak. 2022 Solitude 3950BH-R

During our second trip with our trailer, I was at the kitchen sink cleaning some dishes and heard a loud pop sound, then the sound of running water, and then I see water all over the floor around the kitchen island. I immediately went out and shut off the water supply. After my wife and I mopped up the water with towels I checked under the sink expecting to find a busted hose, but instead I found a hose hanging down with a fitting on the end. Figured out this hose carries water from the faucet to the sink spray nozzle. Checked the screw threads but they didn't appear to be stripped and the two o-rings were intact. I removed all of the wood panels under the kitchen island to get into the area around the sink. I found water all over the panels, the floor, and it had run down through a hole in the floor soaking the insulation. I managed to screw the fitting back onto the faucet, after several tries (really tight where the connection is located) and got it tightened, then used a fan to dry under the sink. It appears that someone on the GD assembly line failed to tighten the connection which eventually came lose, I'm glad we were not gone when this happened. I hope this is an isolated issue and it doesn't happen to anyone else.

That is the first that I have heard of this issue. This is also a good reminder to never leave the RV with water supply left on, be it water pump or shore water connection.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I had the same issue after about 9 months with our 375RES. Due to space limitations I’m not sure I got it any tighter than the factory did Thankfully the sprayer hose only works if the handle is turned on. Also agree with the above about shutting off the water supply anytime you are away.
      Scott & Mikaela
      2022 375 RES
      2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

When I replaced the original kitchen faucet due to getting clogged up on my Imagine, I added 1/2” pex shutoff valves in case I ever had an issue like this. Just left the 1/2” threaded fitting on the end of the pex run and cut the pex about 6” below it and put the shutoff valve. Not the most elegant solution- but what was the easiest solution available at a big box store. I realize more connections on a line up the opportunity for leaks but wanted cutoff valves like you have in every residential sink.
        Eddie & Kathy
        2021 Imagine 2970RL
        2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
        Houston, TX

Comment

Ours came loose one morning and I simply put it back on and tightened the best I could. Hasn't leaked any since. I use Govee leak detectors under all sinks and at the water pump.
          Bill & Cindy
          2021 Transcend Xplor 221RB
          2021 Nissan Titan Pro4X
          SE Texas

Comment

Working...
          X