Filled fresh water tank, panel gauge reading empty, not finding any leaks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filled fresh water tank, panel gauge reading empty, not finding any leaks

Hey all! So I'm guessing this is just a sensor issue but want to double-check. I have a 2021 2600RB model and just filled the fresh water tank until it overflowed. Got set up and gauge read 2/3 full. Shortly after that read 1/3, and then today reading empty. Pump is not cycling except when we use water, looked everywhere inside and underneath for any evidence of leaks and finding none. Safe assumption- something wonky with the sensor and/or panel?

Of course I'll find out soon enough if actually, mysteriously losing water somewhere from the tank but sure not finding any evidence of that.

UPDATE: I was able to get a peek at the tank by loosening one of the fastners holding the cover (coroplast?) on and it looks full, and no water sitting on the barrier.. so pretty solid conclusion, it's something with the sensor.
    Last edited by MichiganLaz; 06-23-2023, 02:26 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2020 F-150 FX4 SuperCrew

You might want to check the wiring on the side of the tank. Let's just say wiring on tanks is not the most reliable.

Side note, if the water is not conductive or extremely heavy in Minerals it can throw off the sensors. low mineral or ion water will not allow the sensors to detect current where heavy mineral water can leave non conductive deposits on the sensors (back in the old days it was literally stainless screws through the plastic).
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
    X