Hot water heater issues: atwood/Dometic GC6AA-10E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot water heater issues: atwood/Dometic GC6AA-10E

our unit is a 2021 imagine 22 MLE. the water heater is gas and electric. Got no hot water recently after months of usage on electric. Switched to gas it worked fine on gas for two days then stopped after trouble shooting found no voltage coming through the circuit board. I replaced the circuit board and thermal cut off as well as eco switch. Unit again worked on electric but gas would fire up and quit after about 5 seconds, (my understanding this may be related to spark and sense electrode a new one is on the way). after one day electric failed again.

Looking forward to any and all ideas or recommendations.
    Thanks so much!
    bill

Originally posted by travelerbill View Post
    ...gas would fire up and quit after about 5 seconds, (my understanding this may be related to spark and sense electrode a new one is on the way)
    Agreed. Most likely the cause of the gas failure issue.

Originally posted by travelerbill View Post
    ...after one day electric failed again.

What is the failure mode this time? What is meant (where was the voltage measured)? I'm referencing the statement...found no voltage coming through the circuit board.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	314
Size:	408.4 KB
ID:	115447
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Depending on the shape of the sense electrode you can clean it with steel wool. Had to do this with the home furnace a couple of times and our home on demand HWH.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
      X