Fresh water tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresh water tank

I have a 2018 GD Imagine 2600 RB. While my fill valve is on city water my freshwater tank is filling up and coming out of the blue overflow tube. The water pressure is set at 45 psi. When I lower it to 40 psi it stops. I usually have it set @ 50 psi. what would cause this ? I’ve been told to look for a check valve by the pump and replace it . I don’t see it anywhere unless it’s part of the pump it self. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem ?

Originally posted by Digman View Post
    I have a 2018 GD Imagine 2600 RB. While my fill valve is on city water my freshwater tank is filling up and coming out of the blue overflow tube. The water pressure is set at 45 psi. When I lower it to 40 psi it stops. I usually have it set @ 50 psi. what would cause this ? I’ve been told to look for a check valve by the pump and replace it . I don’t see it anywhere unless it’s part of the pump it self. Any Ideas on how to fix this problem ?
    GDRV-Emily had a very similar problem with her Imagine and it ended up to be the water pump itself. I'm not a plumbing expert, though, so hopefully another forum member with more experience in this area will chime in.

BTW--welcome to the forum as I see this is your first post. Note there's a link to the GD Parts Lookup site on the menu bar so you can find the GD part number should you choose to order a replacement through your dealer. Do a little digging and you can find any number of other sources for a replacement, too.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Digman howson Correct. I did have this problem, however, mine never actually flowed out because I believe mine was a slow process. They did find that the check valve in the water pump was faulty. I would recommend first switching off of your city water. Go to the fresh tank fill. Go inside, turn on your pump button and then run some water. See if you hear the pump turn on and if you get water out of faucets, toilet shower, etc.

If you are able to use the pump with no problems... this could be the check valve in your city connection on the panel. I would recommend that if the pump is working, continuing to fill your fresh tank and using that with the pump rather than the city water fill until you can get it in to your dealer! If the pump does not work... you may have to turn your water source off at the post and empty your tank (fresh water) frequently until you can get it in for service.

Hope this helps and welcome to the forum!

Comment

Hi Digman,

The on board pump has an internal check valve that prevents water from flowing back through the pump when it shuts off. This same check valve prevents water from flowing back through the pump when the system is pressurized with city water pressure. It seems that you have found the "calibration" point of your pump check valve . It will hold back 40 psi but leaks at 50 psi.

When city water is pushed back through the pump, it continues down the pump intake line and fills the water tank. If you can solve the problem by running at 40 psi city pressure until you can get the pump replaced . . . that's what I would do. BTW . . . replacing the pump (with the exact same model pump) is pretty easy. The water line connections have pull tabs. There are screws holding the pump base to the floor and two electrical connections.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

There is pressure valve on pump; try increasing pressure on valve by turning allen head screw slightly, a little at time. But before doing this look at your pump manual for location and instructions on how to make adjustments - can be downloaded from pump manufactures web site.. You can also buy new pump pressure regulator valve assembly on Amazon.

Shurflo Pump

Need 5/64 allen wrench

Quick review of the steps involved in adjusting the pressure switch of a SHURflo water pump talked about in the video:
          1. You don’t need to take the pump out of the camper – or take the pressure switch apart!
          2. Look for the allen screw on the top of the pressure switch
          3. Turning clockwise will result in a more sensitive switch (more likely to cycle)
          4. Turning counterclockwise makes the pump less likely to cycle
          5. Use your shower and determine when the pump cycles
          6. Turn the allen screw counterclockwise until the pump no longer cycles while the shower is on (the pump should remain on while you are taking a shower, and turn off when you shut the shower fixture)

Important to remember: you don’t want the pump turning off when you’re taking a shower!
          Last edited by Buckskin; 02-01-2020, 11:42 PM.

Comment

I replace water pressure regulator valve at least once a year. They are a wear item with moving parts inside. The one I use is Camco brand; you can also get it from Walmart. Usually keep spare on hand and if I have problem with water pressure or tank overfilling it's the first thing I replace.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Pressur...s%2C154&sr=8-2

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Camco-RV-...40055/14504323
            Last edited by Buckskin; 02-01-2020, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckskin View Post
              There is check valve on pump; try increasing pressure on valve by turning allen head screw slightly, a little at time. Look at manual for location and instructions. You can also buy new pump check valve assembly on Amazon.
              Careful about this adjustments. I felt the flow was low on the Raptor toy hauler I had a few years ago so being the "git it done" type promptly researched and adjusted it. It never was right after that. Tried going back to where it was chasing various adjustments but had issues. Don't remember all the issues I had with pressure and flow but I got it back "acceptable" and decided when it crapped out I would replace It. It lasted till traded on current motorhome.
              2007 Itasca Horizon w/2017 Wrangler "pusher toad"
              2015 Solitude 320X (sold) likely a 351M to take it's place
              2017 Ram 3500 Laramie 4wd CC LB SRW
              2019 Harley Davidson Heritage 114 as the toy

Comment

The small allen screw on the pump adjusts the pressure switch . . . not the check valve. Changing this will change the on/off pressure settings but will not improve a leaking check valve. Installing an inexpensive pressure gauge T'd into any cold water pressure line will tell you a lot about what is going on in your water system. This is different than the city water inlet pressure, even if that device has a pressure gauge on it.

With city water turned off and all faucets closed, a pressure drop indicates that the (discussed) pump check valve is leaking or there is some other water system leak. Pump turn on / turn off pressures can be observed. A "chattering" gauge when running off pump supply indicates that the pump is cavitating meaning that the tank is empty or there is some other source of air getting into the pump intake line. $10 well spent .

Rob
                Attached Files
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Did you switch the City-Fill valve when the system was under pressure? Doing so may result in the internal O-ring(S) getting out of position. Never switch the valve when the system is pressurized. You can de-pressurize the system and cycle the valve a few times, this may allow the O-rings to reseat themselves.
                  2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Working...
                  X