Water line non-insulation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water line non-insulation

I was shocked to see that the water Iines in my Imagine 22 MKE are not insulated. I pulled aside the bottom fabric looking for mouse entry points and saw the hot and cold lines are just strung along the bottom next to wires and propane lines. So much for the Arctic Insulation claim made by GD. Anyway, does anyone have experience with I sugaring these exposed water lines or other advice? We expected to be out in our rig in 20 degree temperatures at times.

The water lines, with the exception of the low-point drains, are within the heated portion of the trailer. Insulating them would be pointless.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Unaware of a heat ducts in the space between the floor and the fabric. You sure?

Comment

Originally posted by Phil705 View Post
        Unaware of a heat ducts in the space between the floor and the fabric. You sure?
        Yes. It may be that there is no duct in a shorter rig, but that space is the air return for the furnace. There will be a gap somewhere inside the trailer with direct access between the two spaces. Often under a cabinet or behind the toilet.

ETA: on some rigs, the return is in the slot where the bathroom door goes.
        John & Kathy
        2014 Reflection 303RLS
        2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Thanks. Will check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X