Under sink bilge pump maintenance. 23BHE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Under sink bilge pump maintenance. 23BHE

While winterizing my 2023 Imagine XLS 23BHE I wasn't sure about the process for the under sink drain pan and pump. I got to looking and thought that maybe I should give it rinse before winterizing, boy am I glad I did! Here are the steps I went through and some other information about the bilge pump itself that I was able to find on the web;
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5125.jpg
Views:	491
Size:	62.3 KB
ID:	120877 Here it is nested on the shelf at the back of the undersink cabinet. Mine was wired with easily removable wire taps and basic hose clamps. A #2 square drive bit and 5/16 nut driver got it taken apart easily.

Name:	IMG_5126.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	120878 If you zoom in here you can see the wire taps flip open and the wires come out no problem. Take a pic of yours before taking apart so that you can rewire it correctly.

Name:	IMG_5129.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	120879 NASTY! We are careful to fully scrape anything that gets washed but that is a lot of scuz. The assembly comes apart easily allowing for cleaning with some dish soap. I removed the screen and pump from the pan and used a soft brush to get all the crevices.

Name:	IMG_5133.jpg
Views:	224
Size:	54.2 KB
ID:	120882

Name:	IMG_5135.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	120881 All cleaned up. I took a photo of the bilge pump to help me look it up later as I have read in quite a few threads of these pumps failing. Also of note is the check valve inside the drain port. I inspected this to make sure no debris would hold hold it open.

The pictures may not make sense until you begin the process. But the process and pieces/parts are relatively simple, you can do it. The worst part is access and the screw holding it to the shelf that is closest to the wall, what a pain! I did think about relocating the unit but decided to put it on the "maybe someday" list since I needed to get a bunch of pre-winterization stuff done. I've posted some links below for a replacement pump on amazon as well as the brochure from the manufacturer of my unit: Seaflo 750 GPH
    model# SFBP1-G750-06. Hope this helps.

​​​​​​https://www.seaflo.com/upload/file/20190225/06(0).pdf

​​​​​​https://www.amazon.com/Seaflo-12v-Au...58646735&psc=1
    Attached Files
    2023 Imagine XLS 23 BHE, F-150 LWB Crew Cab

goodXgang

Thanks for taking the time to post this. It will surely help others, what this Forum is all about.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Nice writeup.

Next time you are down there, use a couple of PAN HEAD screws in the slotted holes. This will minimize your need to fully remove them, then one single screw that is accessible is all that is needed to secure the pump. You may want to put the pump on a separate board that you screw to the shelf to make layout of the screws easier as you will need a little clearance to the wall to slide the pump off the screws.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

goodXgang -- substituted the 23BHE tag with Reference Library. Hope that's OK. If not, shoot me a PM with how you'd like the tags configured.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
        X