Black Tank Flush not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Tank Flush not working

On our first trip, I hooked up the water hose to the black tank flush outlet and turned on the water. It appeared no water was going into the black tank to flush it out. Any ideas on what is the problem? I verified the water was coming out of the hose. The trailer is a Imagine 2600RB.

Originally posted by JTCamper View Post
    On our first trip, I hooked up the water hose to the black tank flush outlet and turned on the water. It appeared no water was going into the black tank to flush it out. Any ideas on what is the problem? I verified the water was coming out of the hose. The trailer is a Imagine 2600RB.
    If your are not hearing any water running thru the plumbing it is possible that the vacuum breaker is installed backwards. This will be located behind the shower control or maybe behind a panel in a cupboard that is located at the shower end of the shower (Huh-what).

Brian

PS. welcome to the Fourm
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We had this problem with our new Solitude. Thought it was the vacuum breaker at first but turned out to be 2 kinks in the hose between the Nautilus panel and the breaker. Dealer had to drop the belly and completely re-run a new hose.
      -
      Rob, Chris and fur baby Maya
      2019 Solitude 374TH, Victron Multiplus II 3000 2x120, 600AH of Battle Born LiFePO4, 1800W Solar, Blue Sky CC's, Starlink
      2023 GMC Denali Duramax 4x4 DRW LB CC, Curt Q25
      Follow us at https://rctravels.rmcd.ca/

Comment

Originally posted by KamFlyer View Post
        turned out to be 2 kinks in the hose between the Nautilus panel and the breaker. Dealer had to drop the belly and completely re-run a new hose.
        This is a likely cause . . . the black tank flush is usually plumbed with the "soft hose" which can kink closed quite easily. This flush hose is usually black in color. So, if you can undo a few underbelly coroplast fasteners and look in in there with a flashlight, you are looking for a kinked black hose.

Rob

Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
        X