Tankless Heater Winterize Valves

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tankless Heater Winterize Valves

I have a 2023 XLS 17MKE and trying to find out how to get to the valves on the backside of the Heater. The manual doesn't mention how this is done. Can anyone help me out?

Originally posted by bayoupr View Post
    I have a 2023 XLS 17MKE and trying to find out how to get to the valves on the backside of the Heater. The manual doesn't mention how this is done. Can anyone help me out?
    As I'm sure you're aware, the water heater is at the aft end of the RV on the campside (1).

I'd try removing the drawers (2) and/or the furnace return cover (3) under the refrigerator.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	126
Size:	599.6 KB
ID:	126954

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks. I knew where the pump was but was unclear about the heater. One other question, do I use regular anti-freeze or do I need a special RV type?

Comment

Originally posted by bayoupr View Post
        Thanks. I knew where the pump was but was unclear about the heater. One other question, do I use regular anti-freeze or do I need a special RV type?
        Absolutely 100% use RV antifreeze ONLY!!! "Regular" (vehicle) antifreeze is poisonous to humans and animals.
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Glad I asked, thanks again.

Comment

I also have a 2024 XLS 17MKE, with Tankless water heater, and have gone through the winterizing procedure in accordance with the owner's manual, which states (page 103) to keep the Tankless Water Heater valves in the Normal Position! So, there isn't any need to get to the back of the water heater for winterization. The above depiction of access through the two drawers is correct.
            Brad & Christie
            2024 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            2022 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4L V8
            Weigh Safe Middleweight WD

Comment

Working...
            X