397th Main shower drain O ring question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 397th Main shower drain O ring question

In cleaning the hair out of our shower drain the rubber ring directly under the cross bars started to push down. It will not stay in place. Is there a number for replacing it, or is it even needed? I don't want to have it go down when using the shower and don't want to pull it since 3/4 of it is still in place. It does not appear that the cross bar comes out.
    My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

The cross bars do come out, they are part of the whole chrome drain that you can see. It takes a special spanner wrench, or some pointy nose pliers, to get it out. You may want to have someone holding the underneath part, which may turn when you are trying to remove the top part. I am not sure, and can not see, the rubber part you are questioning. This drain may go into what is called a Hepvo valve which is a one way rubbery item that is inside weird looking pipe that is seen from underneath. This valve allows water to drain but not stink to come back up. You might want to do a little checking underneath, probably behind the false wall in the pass thru, before you start this project to get a better idea of what you have and how it will go. Post some pics of the underneath and we can help you decide what is next.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      The cross bars do come out, they are part of the whole chrome drain that you can see. It takes a special spanner wrench, or some pointy nose pliers, to get it out. You may want to have someone holding the underneath part, which may turn when you are trying to remove the top part. I am not sure, and can not see, the rubber part you are questioning. This drain may go into what is called a Hepvo valve which is a one way rubbery item that is inside weird looking pipe that is seen from underneath. This valve allows water to drain but not stink to come back up. You might want to do a little checking underneath, probably behind the false wall in the pass thru, before you start this project to get a better idea of what you have and how it will go. Post some pics of the underneath and we can help you decide what is next.

Brian
      OK. I'll be changing my ClearSource triple filter canisters in the next day or two...will look for p-trap or Hepvo valve at that time.
      My trailer: Grand Design Momentum 397TH with many small modifications and a fairly large (1700W panels, 10KW batteries) DIY solar install.

My truck: 2020 RAM 3500 Laramie Longhorn 4x4 DRW, 6.7L Cummins HO Turbo Diesel, Aisin 6-speed, 4.10 axle, Patriot Blue Pearlcoat, Longhorn L1, Towing Tech, Max tow, Towing prep, 30K 5th wheel, Cold Weather pkg, Safety group, Body color bumpers, Tow hooks, Auto level, 50 gal fuel, Bed step, Side steps, Sunroof, Aux switches, Air Horn, TruXedo Sentry bed cover

Comment

Here's the underside, looks like a Hepvo to me......

Comment

Ok thanks. What I was worried about was the Hepvo valve coming up into the shower drain, I do not think that is the case. I think the rubber you see is from the seal of the shower drain, you might just have to remove the drain to see what is going on. You do need to be careful with the Hepvo valve as it can get flipped backwards if a drain snake or anything is put down the drain to try and clean it out, it also can be damaged so it will not perform as needed. If you can have someone hold the black pipe above the Hepvo valve while you remove the drain.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            X