Bad odour coming from storage bay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad odour coming from storage bay

I have a 2019 grand design solitude, 385GK and I’m getting a really bad bad odour coming from the storage bay. It smells like a decomposed rat or something. Just wondering if anybody has any clue what that could be don’t believe there’s any dead rodents in there. The only thing different that I did was let the black tank get quite full until it made a burping sound when I was flushing it the last time. I did not see any black tank leaks anywhere.
    2019 Solitude 385GK

Originally posted by Sundance View Post
    I have a 2019 grand design solitude, 385GK and I’m getting a really bad bad odour coming from the storage bay. It smells like a decomposed rat or something. Just wondering if anybody has any clue what that could be don’t believe there’s any dead rodents in there. The only thing different that I did was let the black tank get quite full until it made a burping sound when I was flushing it the last time. I did not see any black tank leaks anywhere.
    Given where the black tank is in your 385GK, there could be a leak when the tank gets full. I'd pull down the coroplast in that area and do a good inspection. If there was a leak it will very easy to find the evidence.

Below is a snip from the Tank Layout drawing for your Solitude.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	98
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	129950
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sundance -- I forgot to add Welcome to the Forum!

I added the Solitude to your signature line. Feel free to edit / add the sig as you see fit. (Read the Welcome Letter for more info.)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Give your battery a check also, sometimes when they go bad they get a peculiar smell.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Is the odor evident at all in the living area of your camper? If not then it's probably not a dead rodent hidden underneath the floor. If so then you'll be taking down the partition that separates the storage area from the wiring and plumbing area.

Comment

Working...
          X