How tight to connect plastic sink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How tight to connect plastic sink

There is a black rubber washer inside the fitting. Is finger tight good? or should I use a wrench?

Originally posted by TenOC View Post
    There is a black rubber washer inside the fitting. Is finger tight good? or should I use a wrench?
    Finger tight is good. Double-check for leaks.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Those washers are know to go bad. I keep a pack in the camper at all times for just such the leak.

https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16435-P...26&sr=8-2&th=1

And yes finger tight or the black plastic nut will crack then you have a completely different problem to solve.

Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
        Those washers are know to go bad. I keep a pack in the camper at all times for just such the leak.

https://www.amazon.com/Flair-16435-P...26&sr=8-2&th=1

And yes finger tight or the black plastic nut will crack then you have a completely different problem to solve.

The washer I have is a flat black washer if that maters

Comment

I've seen those go out as well. From the picture, that fitting is not sitting flat. You might need to play with the lines a little and see if you can get it to lay more flat.

You should be able to get those flat washers from a hardware store or one of the box stores like lowes or HD. I prefer older hardware stores for plumbing washers as they have individual boxes of them vs buying a multi pack with 150 pcs that you will never need 13 of.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

Could you please share a picture of the inside of the fitting and the flat washer? I have not seen a flat washer in my RV they are all the cone washer style.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
              Could you please share a picture of the inside of the fitting and the flat washer? I have not seen a flat washer in my RV they are all the cone washer style.

Brian
              Sorry I was wrong. It is NOT flat

Comment

Working...
              X