Equalize two gray tanks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equalize two gray tanks

We have two gray tanks each with its own gate valve. It appears on the plumbing design diagram I have from GD that they are plumbed to share the same main dump which I placed another gate valve

I tried to equalize the gray tanks today by opening their respective gate valves at the same time while leaving the main dumb valve closed. It did not work.

Has anyone had this issue? Am I missing something or is there something else to try?

2021 Momentum 397TH

What you describe should work to equalize the two grey tanks. How are you determining that this did not work? If going by the indicator light level sensors. the problem may be the accuracy of these lights and the tanks actually equalized.

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I think the reason why it will not work is that the Momentum 397TH has a drop frame in the front. The bath grey tank is below the level of the kitchen grey tank. Trying to equalize will only send all of the kitchen grey into the bath grey tank, sorry.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        I think the reason why it will not work is that the Momentum 397TH has a drop frame in the front. The bath grey tank is below the level of the kitchen grey tank. Trying to equalize will only send all of the kitchen grey into the bath grey tank, sorry.

Brian

Thanks Brian, that makes perfect sense now.
        2021 Momentum 397TH

Comment

Working...
        X