no water at kitchen faucet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no water at kitchen faucet

Just purchased a 2018 Reflection 297Rsts and finding we cannot get water to run at the kitchen sink. Bathroom faucets, shower, and toilet work fine. I have removed the spray nozzle to see if any water comes out and it does not.

This camper was winterized and i a have the nautilus set up for city water. Is there some other shut off valve that needs to be turned? Ive looked under the sink...by the furnace..and under the washer/dryer hookup and dont find anything.

Tnt
    Is the flow restriction the same on both hot and cold? If so, this has to be within the kitchen faucet.
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Nothing on either. It seems,like water isnt getting to the pipes under the sink

Comment

Originally posted by Tnt View Post
        Just purchased a 2018 Reflection 297Rsts and finding we cannot get water to run at the kitchen sink. Bathroom faucets, shower, and toilet work fine. I have removed the spray nozzle to see if any water comes out and it does not.

This camper was winterized and i a have the nautilus set up for city water. Is there some other shut off valve that needs to be turned? Ive looked under the sink...by the furnace..and under the washer/dryer hookup and dont find anything.
        Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum.

No hot or cold water at the sink, but hot and cold both work in the shower and bathroom sink?

How about the outside spray port on the rear of the camper?

I'm probably wrong (usually am when it comes to plumbing) but according to the Water Supply Plan for the 297 the low point drains (those are the red and blue lines sticking out the bottom of your trailer with the white caps on them) are AFTER the shower but BEFORE the sink (and spray port). First thing I'd do is open those low points (with water pressure turned off) and see what comes out, if anything. Then with the caps still off apply water pressure. You should have water flowing out of each low point drain (cold from the blue and hot from the red).

I'm guessing that if water comes out of both lines the water supply lines are pinched or plugged somewhere aft between those drains and the kitchen sink. If no water comes out, there's an issue between the bathroom and the low point drains.

The lines in the front (pic below) are for the washer/dryer that can go in to bedroom closet of the 297RSTS. I'm referencing the rear lines as marked.

Hopefully Cate&Rob or another person more adept at RV plumbing will chime in soon.

Please post when you get it sorted out. Everyone learns this way. (TIA!)

-Howard

Click image for larger version

Name:	These.JPG
Views:	1550
Size:	129.8 KB
ID:	17806
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Tnt -- I see Cate&Rob has chimed in already, so I'll leave you in his capable (plumbing) hands!
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Tnt View Post
            Nothing on either. It seems,like water isnt getting to the pipes under the sink
            I am presuming that you are not somewhere at sub freezing temperatures where these lines could be frozen ?

The hot and cold supply systems separate at the water heater. If the other faucets have normal pressure on both hot and cold, this problem has to be within the kitchen faucet. It is possible that both feed lines are crimped, put this is unlikely. The connections to the faucet are hand tightened plastic nuts. You could try removing each of these and running them into a bucket, to confirm whether there is sufficient flow.

Rob
            Cate & Rob
            (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
            2015 Reflection 303RLS
            2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks for the assists. This turned out to be user error. Didnt realize the faucet handle had to be pulled down away from the neck before moving it back and forth.

Thanks again! Loving our new camper so far!​​​

Comment

Working...
              X