What kind of (PEX?) clamps are these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of (PEX?) clamps are these?

We finally made it out camping this weekend. My buddy's rig sprung a leak. Water everywhere.

Anyway, I was trying to help out, and I was stumped by the type of clamps used on the PEX pipes in his rig.

1. Are these PEX pipes?

2. What are these clamps and how did they get installed. There's no seam anywhere on the clamp.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200530_151655.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	20161

Thanks,

-Steve
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes
    Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles, V-Brackets in spring hangers
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Look like Copper PEX Crimp Rings, https://www.lowes.com/search?searchTerm=copper+pex+crimp+ring
    I think Howard just used these on his soft hose replacement.

Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Originally posted by steve&renee View Post
      What are these clamps and how did they get installed. There's no seam anywhere on the clamp.
      Yep, gbkims is correct. These are copper compression rings. There's a specific tool I spotted in the local hardware store to remove these, but I just (very carefully and slowly!) used a dremel cutoff wheel.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Removal.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	20167
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
      X