Water leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water leak

2020 Imagine 2800BH. When dewinterizing, I opened the city water valve, opened the interior faucets, opened the low point drains then turned water on. Water began to come out of the bottom of the docking station. No water came out of any faucets. I removed the access panel on the docking station and noticed the hot water line to the outdoor shower was not connected. It appears it was never connected. How did this not leak last year when I used it? Keep in mind, the hot water tank is still in bypass to keep antifreeze from going through it.
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Trainwreck91673 View Post
    2020 Imagine 2800BH. When dewinterizing, I opened the city water valve, opened the interior faucets, opened the low point drains then turned water on. Water began to come out of the bottom of the docking station. No water came out of any faucets. I removed the access panel on the docking station and noticed the hot water line to the outdoor shower was not connected. It appears it was never connected. How did this not leak last year when I used it? Keep in mind, the hot water tank is still in bypass to keep antifreeze from going through it.
    Welcome to Grand Design's Technical Forum, Trainwreck91673. (Is there a story behind that username? Quite an interesting choice!)

My fellow moderator Cate&Rob is much more knowledgeable on this topic, but I'll put a guess out there that the end broke off. If you look inside the end of the soft hose, isn't there a hard plastic material still fastened inside?

Again, I'm not much more than a journeyman with this plumbing stuff so take my input with a big 'ol grain of salt.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Trainwreck91673 View Post
      2020 Imagine 2800BH. It appears it was never connected. How did this not leak last year when I used it?
      As Howardhowson describes . . . this fitting is broken in half. You can still see a little of the white inner part inside the still attached black threaded part. The reason that this did not leak last season is that it broke by being frozen with water inside. Either your rig was winterized with just air or someone forgot to open this faucet when flushing with antifreeze.

The fix is easy. A similar configuration (probably brass) fitting is available at any Home Depot or similar. You will need a Pex clamp kit with crimper and crimp rings (available at the same store). These crimp rings and the tool should be part of every RV tool kit . . . you will need them again.

Rob

Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
      X