Aux Black 2/Grey 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aux Black 2/Grey 3

I have a 2021 Reflection 315RLTS. The Convenience Center shows a tank, “Aux - Black 2 / Grey 3” (see picture - circled). The dealer did not know what this was, and it has never showed any level. I assume this is an expansion port, but it might be the tank for the washer (not installed). however, there is not a fourth drain release valve at the drain point under the coach. There is, however, a grey valve on the Nautilus system that I also don’t understand (see picture - circled). Any comments/ideas?

I’m asking because we’re planning on traveling north at end of Feb. We’ll need to run the tank heating pads. I don’t want to burn out a pad or burn a hole in a tank, so want to be sure there is some water mass in all the tanks; but I also want to be sure I know how to add water and drain them at the appropriate time.

(I did a search and this seems to be a new thread.)
    Attached Files
    Kevin & Dorothy (with 2 kitties-Captain Morgan & Jack Sparrow)
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS
    2013 Ford F-250 2WD
    Indiana & Texas

From what I have access to you have a kitchen grey , bath grey , bath black , and washer grey. There is no "aux black" tank. The convenience panel is a one size fits all. The grey tank drain handle at the bottom of the Nautilus panel should be for the washer tank.

Outside under the Nautilus panel you should have 2 grey handles and one black handle , correct?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by RVKevin View Post
      I have a 2021 Reflection 315RLTS. The Convenience Center shows a tank, “Aux - Black 2 / Grey 3” (see picture - circled). The dealer did not know what this was, and it has never showed any level. I assume this is an expansion port, but it might be the tank for the washer (not installed). however, there is not a fourth drain release valve at the drain point under the coach. There is, however, a grey valve on the Nautilus system that I also don’t understand (see picture - circled). Any comments/ideas?

I’m asking because we’re planning on traveling north at end of Feb. We’ll need to run the tank heating pads. I don’t want to burn out a pad or burn a hole in a tank, so want to be sure there is some water mass in all the tanks; but I also want to be sure I know how to add water and drain them at the appropriate time.

(I did a search and this seems to be a new thread.)
      I have a '19 315RLTS. The most forward tank is indeed dedicated to the washer drain. The pull handle on the Nautilus panel drains that tank.

The next tank (going aft) is the fresh water tank, then the bathroom gray.

The black tank is directly underneath the toilet.

There is one more gray tank for the kitchen sink, it's the most aft tank.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hey, thanks, everyone. You’ve solved my dilemma. Now, one other question: How big (volume) is the washer grey tank? I can’t find any documentation on it. (@CountryCampers: Yes, I have 3 handles under the coach for draining 3 [2 grey & 1 black] tank.)
        2021 Reflection 315RLTS
        2013 Ford F-250 2WD
        Indiana & Texas

Comment

Kevin

I am seeing 32 gallons for the washer tank. howson , Is your washer tank 32 gallons?

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by RVKevin View Post
            Hey, thanks, everyone. You’ve solved my dilemma. Now, one other question: How big (volume) is the washer grey tank? I can’t find any documentation on it. (@CountryCampers: Yes, I have 3 handles under the coach for draining 3 [2 grey & 1 black] tank.)
            Country Campers (Brian), yes, I'm sure you're right. It is definitely different from the other grays as the drain is on the long side, not the end as with the others.

RVKevin -- for gee whiz (if you're really that curious), the washer tank is likely an Ameri-Kart HT293. The other three tanks (2 greys and black) are HT1768s..

Now for a useful tip: if you install a washer and use it don't leave the drain on the Naultilus closed. If you forget to drain the tank and do too many loads the water backs up into the front closet. Ask me how I know...

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks, all. This has been extremely helpful. This is my 3rd TT, and none of the previous ones have had such a great forum. Really appreciate all the help.
              2021 Reflection 315RLTS
              2013 Ford F-250 2WD
              Indiana & Texas

Comment

Working...
              X