Holding Tank Heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holding Tank Heaters

We have a 2020 303RLS purchased July 2019. On our control panel there is a switch for "Tank Heaters". I can't find any information in my owners manual. Are all of my holding tanks heated? If so, should they have water in them before turning on?

Originally posted by rmorgan13 View Post
    We have a 2020 303RLS purchased July 2019. On our control panel there is a switch for "Tank Heaters". I can't find any information in my owners manual. Are all of my holding tanks heated? If so, should they have water in them before turning on?
    I have two of these installed on the fresh and black tanks on my Solitude 310GK. I think my grey tank heater is larger (90 watts?)
    https://www.amazon.com/Upgrade-Versi.../dp/B077VLB1KK

The manufacturer's instructions state: "Turn the power switch “OFF” when the outside temperature remains above freezing, fluids have been vacated, or Summer is coming, or RV is not in use."

The pads are 12VDC, 65 watts, 4.8 amps each. If you have a battery monitor you should be able to turn your Tank Heater switch on and see how many watts are drawn and figure out how many pads you have. The pads turn ON below 45 degrees and turn OFF above 68 degrees.
    Pat and Karen
    2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

Originally posted by rmorgan13 View Post
      You may or may not have the tank heaters. Grand Design uses the same control panel throughout many of the models. Having the switch means you "should" have the heaters. A call to customer service with your VIN and they will tell you what you have.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
      X