Antifreeze pickup line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antifreeze pickup line

I have tried searching but I’m not hitting the right keyword. I am trying to adapt the antifreeze pickup line where I don’t have to cut open the antifreeze bottle for the fitting to go in. I just want to be able to screw on a straight line to the fitting for pickup. I also need the correct fitting for this. Anyone have this info available? Tia.
    Tim and Nora
    2021 Transcend 260 RB

I’m confused. I just use a short section of tubing with a garden hose male fitting on the trailer end. Does yours use a special fitting?
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by tabnab View Post
      I have tried searching but I’m not hitting the right keyword. I am trying to adapt the antifreeze pickup line where I don’t have to cut open the antifreeze bottle for the fitting to go in. I just want to be able to screw on a straight line to the fitting for pickup. I also need the correct fitting for this. Anyone have this info available? Tia.
      I took the cap off, went to Lowes and test fit the cap on various fittings till I identified the correct size, and then got an appropriate hose to fit on the barb. I don't recall the size I purchased.Click image for larger version

Name:	0217211034.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	118.6 KB
ID:	43160
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

I just cut an old (1/2”?) garden hose off about 20” from male end. I attach the male end to the trailer intake after reversing the intake screen, and place the other end in the RV antifreeze bottle.
        Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
        2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
        2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

I was wondering if that was in fact a fitting that accepted a hose end. mpking that is kind of what i was looking for. I had to leave my trailer at the storage lot after purchase and i didn't have much time to study the fitting.
          Tim and Nora
          2021 Transcend 260 RB

Comment

Originally posted by tabnab View Post
            I was wondering if that was in fact a fitting that accepted a hose end. mpking that is kind of what i was looking for. I had to leave my trailer at the storage lot after purchase and i didn't have much time to study the fitting.
            I have the Nautilus P1 panel in my trailer. If you don’t I guess it could be different. If you place your information in your signature everyone will know so they can help you better also.
            Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
            2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
            2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

I use a 1/2" MPT adapter cemented to a 14" piece of 1/2" PVC pipe.
              2017 Imagine 2650 & 2019 F-250 (Got tired of the F-150)

Comment

Working...
              X