leak from bathroom graytank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

According to the GDRV parts lookup page for the 2016 27RL, that tank is a HT176B Holding tank. That's the same 43 gallon tank I have in my 2017 Reflection TT. It is a very common tank and readily available at several internet sales sites. I'd do a search for "HT176B Holding Tank" and you'll get quite a few options.

The tank is 28" Wide, 58" Long, and 8-1/2" deep.

Jim
    The number on the tank is HT 176B-2. Those dimensions look about right since they probably include the flange width and all the way to the end of the outlet.
    2016 Reflection 27RL
    2015 Silverado 2500HD 6L
    B&W Patriot 18k slider

Comment

Dave27
      Hi Dave,

I would expect that a "service" tank would have the 3" outlet molded in, but would not have the flange for the gate valve glued on. This is what you want, because the new flange on the tank has to be exactly aligned with the flange on the drain manifold. The gate valve sits between two rubber O rings. I would at least replace these O rings, but consider replacing the entire gate valve while you have everything apart. (Preventative maintenance ).

The tank will not likely have the hole in the top surface for the inlet pipe because this hole could go in many places depending on the trailer layout. This will be easy to drill with a hole saw and there is a rubber grommet that fits the pipe to the hole. Again, you could probably use the old grommet, but this would be a good time to replace it. I would be inclines to cut the down pipe going into the tank and remove it first. This cut ABS pipe is easy to reconnect with a rubber drain connector available at any Home Depot or similar. Then, you can fit the tank and the gate valve without having to line up the inlet pipe at the same time. This can be fitted after, through the hole in the floor in the pass through plumbing area.

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

When you use the hole saw to drill for the inlet and vent pipes please remember to remove the cut out from the tank , manufactures sometimes forget to remove the "hole" cut out and this causes problems down the road.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
        X