Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please remind me (adapter for replacing faucet)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please remind me (adapter for replacing faucet)

I replaced the bathroom Faucet in our Solitude last year and purchased the proper adapters for the supply line to the residential faucet... I now need to replace the kitchen faucet. I have searched the forum and found general references to the adapters (including in my own posts!) but not the specifics. Is it a 3/8" male to 1/2" MPT female I need? I suspect several of you know this off the top of your head. We're about 45 minutes outside of Richmond, VA, right now and I need to pick up the right parts on the first try.

Rob
    Rob & Laura
    U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
    2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
    (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Hi Rob,

As always . . . "it depends" .

Kitchen faucets (and probably the original) have 1/2" straight male thread attachments. Often the nut that retains the faucet goes further up this same thread. If so, the original 1/2" cone seal fitting will work (if it reaches). If the new faucet has 3/8" flex hose extensions, you will need a 1/2" straight male thread (pipe thread will work if the fitting has a smooth end for the original cone seal to go against) to 3/8" male compression thread fitting. The female compression fittings should be swaged to the ends of the new flex hose.

(another) Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I don’t know if the kitchen faucet connections are the same. But, I replaced the bathroom faucet with 2 fitting adapters from Ace Hardware, p/n 4338307 3/8 COMP X 1/2 MIP, reading from the tag that I saved until I get it written into my own notes. Good Luck!
      Doug & Barb
      2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
      2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
      No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
      Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

Working...
      X