Pulsating Shureflow water pump - fixed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulsating Shureflow water pump - fixed

2021 337rls with Sureflow water pump 4008-101-a65. Water pump was shuttering and pulsating. I figured there was an adjustment for the pump. These pumps use a pressure sensitive switch to turn the pump on and off. The sensitivity of that switch is adjustable. There is a very fine line between under adjustment (pulsates), adjusted properly, and over adjusted (pump won't turn off). After doing a little research I used the following link to adjust my pressure sensitive switch

I had to turn my set screw about 1/3 of a turn clockwise. Now the water pump works as it should. Gives a much smoother flow with no pulsating. At 1/2 turn the pump wouldn't shut off so I backed the adjustment down to 1/3 of a turn. Super easy fix. You just need to get to the front of your pump and have a tiny alen wrench to make the adjustment.
    Your RV water pump pulsates because it uses pressure switches to start and stop your water pump. If this switch is not set properly, pulsations occur.
    Charles and Susan
    2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
    Andersen Hitch
    2021 Reflection 337rls

Charles

Thanks for the tip and helpful info. I am sure this will be useful to others. It may just cause me to unload the pass thru and check mine to see if a tiny adjustment might help.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
      Charles

Thanks for the tip and helpful info. I am sure this will be useful to others. It may just cause me to unload the pass thru and check mine to see if a tiny adjustment might help.

Brian
      If your pump isn't running as smooth as you think it should it's definitely worth the effort. I had Mrs skreef at the kitchen sink. A little adjustment clockwise, she tested it for 10 seconds or so. A little more adjustment, another test. I kept going like this until the pump no longer turned off when she turned off the water. Back the adjustment off a little and we are good to go. Much better than it was.

Most people go to a campground and run off city water connection so this doesn't apply to them. We exclusively fill the fresh water tank and run off the 12v pump (regardless of campground) which makes this adjustment all the more critical.

Charles and Susan
      2021 Ram 3500 6.4 Hemi, 4x4 CCSB
      Andersen Hitch
      2021 Reflection 337rls

Comment

Working...
      X