Tank sensor access in an early 303RLS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank sensor access in an early 303RLS

I’m contemplating installing the Horst sensors in my tanks. It would just be nice to know where things stand. Anybody use them and have an opinion? Anybody have an idea what kind of job getting access to the sensors is? I assume at least one side of the coroplast has to come loose. Any other advice?
    Last edited by Jkwilson; 11-08-2019, 02:39 PM.
    John & Kathy
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Jkwilson

The probes are in the ends of the tanks. The aft ends of the bathroom grey (forward left) and black (forward right) and the right end of the crosswise kitchen grey. You would have to drop the coroplast from the front back ot the axles to get at all these locations. The attached picture shows the black tank probes.

I have no experience with the Horst probes, but my original ones are useless (as are most). Rather than deal with the concoctions that some use to try and keep the sensors clean, I just ignore them. If I really wanted to have more accurate knowledge of tank levels, I would be more inclined to go with something like the Garnet system https://www.garnetinstruments.com/rv-shop/ where the gauge strips adhere to the outside of the tank wall.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Thanks Rob! I was kind of leaning toward this being a project to consider if I have to drop that coroplast for something else anyway. The actual installation looks trivial, but like a lot of RV tasks, the devil is digging in to get to them.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

Working...
      X