Nautilus P4 leaking around city water flange

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nautilus P4 leaking around city water flange

I just took ownership of a new 2022 Solitude 3740BH-R last week. I purchased a complete RV RO water system from the RV water filter store. My intent is to fill the fresh water tank with RO water to use in the entire rig. So i mounted the filtration system next to the wet bay, adapted the hose to fit into the city water inlet. Changed the nautilus knob configuration to power fill, made sure the water pump in the rig is off and turned on the water to fill. While it is filling, the inlet has a constant drip between the white knob to tighten the water hose and the flange directly behind it against the wet bay wall. For the life of me i can't figure out how to make it stop, of if i have a faulty connector. Can anyone here help guide me in the right direction please? This is my first 5th wheel (previously owned two bumper pull trailers), and I'm new to the forum and this is my first post, so if it's not in the right place, please forgive me. Thanks in advance
    Enrique

Pull the screen out and check for debris in the screen and behind the screen on the sealing surfaces. I have found this the cause a few times.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Rickncst -- welcome to the forum.

Sorry I can't wrap my mind around where the leak is. In front (where you can easily see)

Click image for larger version  Name:	Front.JPG Views:	0 Size:	54.1 KB ID:	69560

or behind the Nautilus?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Behind.JPG Views:	0 Size:	34.1 KB ID:	69559

A picture would help a lot!

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Sorry, I'm at work. I'll post a picture when I get home. But to answer your question, it's in front, between the threaded knob, and the white flange directly behind it. To remove the screen, do i just grab it and pull it out? Or is it threaded in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Rickncst View Post
          Sorry, I'm at work. I'll post a picture when I get home. But to answer your question, it's in front, between the threaded knob, and the white flange directly behind it. To remove the screen, do i just grab it and pull it out? Or is it threaded in there?
          The screen is attached to a rubber grommet. It comes right out and you can see the one-way valve behind it. (As the warning label states, DO NOT push on the valve with pressure in the lines!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	push on this valve.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	69566
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you very much!!! I'll try and get out there tonight after work to check it out!

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

The screen is attached to a rubber grommet. It comes right out and you can see the one-way valve behind it. (As the warning label states, DO NOT push on the valve with pressure in the lines!)

Click image for larger version

Name:	push on this valve.JPG
Views:	610
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	69566
              So what happens if you happen to push this valve in when there is still some pressure in the line...... asking for a friend

This friend may have pushed that valve when winterizing, and some pressure would have been present, since some antifreeze did spray my face, I mean their face! Is it obvious if damage was done?
              2019 Imagine 2400BH
              2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

So what happens if you happen to push this valve in when there is still some pressure in the line...... asking for a friend

This friend may have pushed that valve when winterizing, and some pressure would have been present, since some antifreeze did spray my face, I mean their face! Is it obvious if damage was done?
                Doing some keyboard research (for my friend of course), I found that if there is pressure in the plumbing system when the check valve is depressed, the internal o-ring can be dislodged and valve will leak. Looks like it can be repaired though, or in the worse case, the entire fresh water connection can be replaced easily enough. Just FYI for anyone, like myself, who didn't know this. Things you learn \_(ツ)_/¯
                2019 Imagine 2400BH
                2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
                X