Waste tank heaters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waste tank heaters

Since this is our first time with tank heater pads, does there need to be water or waste in all tanks before turning on heat pads? Reason for asking is our 315rlts has washer hook up that we are not using at this time, so that grey tank is empty.
    2021 Reflection 315RLTS 2012 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD SRW Soon to be retired

Originally posted by Riley8141 View Post
    Since this is our first time with tank heater pads, does there need to be water or waste in all tanks before turning on heat pads? Reason for asking is our 315rlts has washer hook up that we are not using at this time, so that grey tank is empty.
    My '19 315RLTS doesn't have heat pads, so this "answer" starts with a question(!). Can you manually turn on and off the heat pads, and if so, where are the controls?

My guess is the heater is a Facon based on the listing on the Parts Lookup website https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/11240 and here https://www.recpro.com/rv-tank-heate...-1-4-x-25-12v/

From the FAQ in the manual (see attached).

Question: What if no water is in the tank?

Answer: No harm will come to the tank if there is no water in the tank. However if the tanks have been drained the ON/OFF switch should be turned off. If turned on the thermostat will continue to cycle, turning the Heater Pad off and on.

Howard

Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

My '19 315RLTS doesn't have heat pads, so this "answer" starts with a question(!). Can you manually turn on and off the heat pads, and if so, where are the controls?

My guess is the heater is a Facon based on the listing on the Parts Lookup website https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/11240 and here https://www.recpro.com/rv-tank-heate...-1-4-x-25-12v/

From the FAQ in the manual (see attached).

Question: What if no water is in the tank?

Answer: No harm will come to the tank if there is no water in the tank. However if the tanks have been drained the ON/OFF switch should be turned off. If turned on the thermostat will continue to cycle, turning the Heater Pad off and on.

Howard
      There is a switch on control panel. The trailer is a 2021. Just got it in April. Guess I need to fix my signature. There is only one switch, all four tanks are controlled by it.

Comment

Originally posted by Riley8141 View Post

There is a switch on control panel. The trailer is a 2021. Just got it in April. Guess I need to fix my signature. There is only one switch, all four tanks are controlled by it.
        If you get a chance, please take a picture of your control panel and post it. I'd like to see how it differs from mine. (Thank you!)

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

If you get a chance, please take a picture of your control panel and post it. I'd like to see how it differs from mine. (Thank you!)

Howard
          Here you are. Will get better pic when I get home.

Comment

Working...
          X