Momentum Grey tanks slow drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
    Although the drain pipe is not at the low point . . . as it should be and there is no excuse for that . . . this does not explain a trickle flow when opening the gate valve with a nearly full tank. There is something blocking this gate valve or drain pipe. As discussed earlier, this is most likely the plastic disc from cutting the inlet or vent pipe hole.

Rob
    Probably, but that is now the dealerships problem.
    2022 GD Momentum 376THS
    2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Hi there gone AWOL. We have the same issue with the grey tanks draining VERY slowly and like you have stated, pretty sure they NEVER fully empty. Haven't found the problem yet but I did install the second Valtera valve to keep the surprises to a minimum when removing the cap!! Until I did, I'm confident what was in the drain line was only grey water moved towards the outlet during travel but don't like surprises!!!!
      Tim & Terri
      2022 Grand Design Momentum 376THS
      2018 Ram 3500 DRW Mega Cab

Comment

It’s been a while, a year to be exact. Our lives took an unintended turn. We parked the 376 a year ago on a dealer lot on consignment.

Before we parked it I had it at the dealer who sold the unit. I explained the tank issue and after a few days got a $300 bill for cleaning the tanks…because I didn’t empty them properly “sediment” formed and “that’s the cause for slow draining” according to these smart people.

They failed to grasp that there’s sediment BECAUSE it didn’t drain properly. And that’s why (amongst a couple other reasons) we tried to sell our beloved 376.

We bought a new Northern Lite truck camper, spent the last 6 months in Baja. However because we couldn’t sell the 376 we’re heading back North and will likely sell the Camper and start traveling in the 376 again.

We love the NL 10.2 it’s a fantastic unit, made it possible to enter small tight spots. We managed to get onto some awesome beaches. (and yes I Once again went overboard on my solar/lithium install so we could run AC all day on batteries) (there’s a very nice 2022 NL10.2 for sale…😊)

​​​​​​…..and so the saga continues. (I’m going to rip things apart when I pick up the 376, stay tuned)
        2022 GD Momentum 376THS
        2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Well I hadn't realized that you were actually "AWOL" until now. Sorry for the problems with the 376 but happy you enjoyed the truck camper. Hopefully you can get the drainage issue sorted out.

Welcome back.

Brian
          Brian & Michelle
          2018 Reflection 29RS
          2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
            Well I hadn't realized that you were actually "AWOL" until now. Sorry for the problems with the 376 but happy you enjoyed the truck camper. Hopefully you can get the drainage issue sorted out.

Welcome back.

Brian
            Thanks, yes we’re actually really looking forward to all that space and luxury again, camper is cool but it’s small…
            2022 GD Momentum 376THS
            2020 Ford F350 Dually

Comment

Working...
            X