Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Momentum separate black and grey drains. Why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Momentum separate black and grey drains. Why?

I just realized that our new Momentum 21G has separate black and grey drains and I'm trying to figure out why. I not looking forward to taking the stinky slinky off the black drain without running the grey water through it like all other RVs I've had. Yes, I know I have a black tank flush, but in my opinion, that won't flush the drain tube as well as a couple of showers worth of grey water will. Also, having to re-attach the drain pipe mid cleanout is not convenient either.

Anyone else curious about this design?
    Dave and Anna
    Grand Rapids, MI
    2022 Momentum 21G
    2024 GMC Sierra 2500 AT4

Dave and Anna,
    See this discussion. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/operati...ints-on-my-23g
    Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I think your rig has two grey tanks. One for the bath and one for the galley. The black and bath grey tanks share a drain and their handles are next to each other, while the galley grey tank has its own drain because the distance causes geometry problems plumbing to the front drain and its dump handle is near the fuel tank.
      John & Kathy
      2014 Reflection 303RLS
      2014 F250 SC SB 6.2

Comment

According to the parts lookup page, the 21G has 5 holding tanks. 2 fresh water tanks of 37 and 45 gallons, 2 - 37 gallon holding tanks (grey water) and a 57 gallon waste water (black water) tank. Unfortunately it does not show the number of drain valves.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X