Shower door removal, 2014 Solitude 369RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shower door removal, 2014 Solitude 369RL

How do I get the sliding doors off the top rail without taking the top rail off, if possible?

You don’t, at least not in my 2020 Momentum 351. There is a screw in each inside corner and a bunch of silicon that needs to be removed. With all 3 panes of glass in place it is heavy and is definitely not a one person job.

Comment

Two screws on the top rail, one on each end. Remove then lift the rail and doors off as an assembly. Two people. Then they can be slid off as needed.
      Last edited by howson; 11-24-2019, 08:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
        How do I get the sliding doors off the top rail without taking the top rail off, if possible?
        I managed to remove the doors myself but it was dicey. Then I put in a tension shower rod and curtain. This weekend I'm going to also remove the rest of the shower framing and fill the holes using a wall repair patch & silicone... using the patch over the hole to give the silicone something to hang on to when I fill the holes.
        When I was looking at my Solitude 310GK I asked about having a shower curtain rather than the doors (the panels got stuck together & I couldn't unstick w/o taking to dealer; no guarantee it wouldn't happen again) and was told that was not an option. GD should survey customers to see how many would want a shower curtain vs shower doors and consider at least making it an option.
        Cindy
        2021 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Dualy
        2022 Solitude 3330RE
        Cindy & Xena

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post

I managed to remove the doors myself but it was dicey. Then I put in a tension shower rod and curtain. This weekend I'm going to also remove the rest of the shower framing and fill the holes using a wall repair patch & silicone... using the patch over the hole to give the silicone something to hang on to when I fill the holes.
          When I was looking at my Solitude 310GK I asked about having a shower curtain rather than the doors (the panels got stuck together & I couldn't unstick w/o taking to dealer; no guarantee it wouldn't happen again) and was told that was not an option. GD should survey customers to see how many would want a shower curtain vs shower doors and consider at least making it an option.
          Cindy
          I'm surprised GD uses the (relatively) heavy shower doors just because of the weight. A shower curtain performs the same function. (Another on a long list of mods still to do on my trailer!)
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I'm surprised GD uses the (relatively) heavy shower doors just because of the weight. A shower curtain performs the same function. (Another on a long list of mods still to do on my trailer!)
            We like the idea of a curtain rather than the doors, but... I would be very concerned about a curtain getting outside the shallow shower pan and significant amounts of water getting on the bathroom floor. This even happened occasionally in the stix 'n brix with a deep tub - but the ramifications are more serious in an RV with water where it shouldn't be.

Rob
            Rob & Laura
            U.S. Army Retired (Rob)
            2012 F350 DRW CC Lariat PS 6.7, PullRite OE 18K
            2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS and disc brakes, solar, BB LiFePO4, DP windows
            (Previously in a 2016 Reflection 337RLS)
            Full time since 08/2015

Comment

Originally posted by Cindy View Post
              GD should survey customers to see how many would want a shower curtain vs shower doors and consider at least making it an option.
              GD did begin selling at least one model of trailer with a shower curtain instead of the glass doors - I believe it was an early 2019 model.

The reaction to it on another forum was loud and very strongly negative, so much so that GD returned to putting the glass doors in that model not long afterwards.

On our shower the floor of the shower is only about four inches below the lip on which the door track sits. Even a curtain fitted to perfectly reach the floor would almost certainly at times be flipped out over the lip and send water gushing onto the floor. A curtained shower would be seriously be a deal-breaker for me in this unit.

I believe that a different shower stall is installed in the 390RK and possibly in other models now, in which the floor of the shower is below the level of the floor of the bathroom, and it might therefore have a larger lip at the entry to the shower that might make use of a curtain more practical. I’d want it to be at LEAST 8” tall to prevent accidents from a flipped-out shower curtain, but might in the end install glass doors because I like them better than a curtain!
              Last edited by boyscout; 02-17-2020, 11:15 AM.
              Mark - 2018 Solitude 310GK - Ford F-350 SRW diesel short box - Pullrite Superglide hitch

Comment

Working...
              X