Dry Camper's Water Saving Toilet Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dry Camper's Water Saving Toilet Mod

Last week I posted our bathroom remodel and today I finished another small modification especially useful for campers who dry camp as much as we do. We all know these little trailers fall short on water carrying capacities, both fresh and holding. 2 heavy users of water are the shower water running to get warm and flushing the toilet. The shower water issue has been manageable as we use a 2-gallon bucket in the shower, and we hold the shower head in it until we get warm water. That's fine for saving space in the gray water holding tank but still wastes fresh water. So, I added a shut off valve on my toilet so now when we're dry camping we can shut the water flow to the toilet and use the "bucket water", which we used to just throw outside, to flush the toilet! Works great, saves fresh water and saves space in the holding tank all at the same time. Here's a few pictures.

Last edited by howson; 02-10-2022, 07:18 AM.
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Hi Paul,

I have used a valve like that for years. You can flush the toilet with far less water as long as there is a significant quantity of water in the tank to drop the solids into. It is also handy to be able to shut off the water to the toilet if (when) the toilet water valves malfunction.

Rob
    Attached Files
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post
      Hi Paul,

I have used a valve like that for years. You can flush the toilet with far less water as long as there is a significant quantity of water in the tank to drop the solids into. It is also handy to be able to shut off the water to the toilet if (when) the toilet water valves malfunction.

Rob
      Yeah, I had the same valve in our 337 after the factory toilet sprung a leak and we found the trailer pouring water from the bathroom!
      Last edited by howson; 02-10-2022, 07:11 AM.
      Paul and Deb Cervone
      2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
      2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
      2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Working...
      X