Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winterization with Nautilus- lack of suction with water pump?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winterization with Nautilus- lack of suction with water pump?

I couldn't find previous posts on this subject so apologize if it's been addressed? I have winterized our previous travel trailers so am familiar with the process and using the water pump to suck in RV antifreeze fluid. I followed the GD owners manual and triple checked each valve setting on the Nautilus Panel for using the compressor to blow out the system, and then for going to the Winterize settings to bring in the pink fluid. I used a 2.5 foot hose and placed it into the gallon jug of fluid. When I turned the pump on, I heard it running but nothing was being sucked in. Typically there is a quick surge of fluid being drawn in, and then slowing until varying sink, bath fixtures are opened to flow out the fluid. I cycled the water pump and assured the low point drains were tightened, valves oriented correctly, etc. The pump didn't sound like it was cavitating and was running with the normal "hum". After cycling the pump on/ off several times I was able to get enough fluid through the lines but am concerned why the pump isn't getting a good flow volume? Any insights?
    Thanks you,

Mike
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    Mike & Linda
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 Diesel
    Denver, CO

Please disregard my original post. In searching the Internet for more help, I actually found a GD forum with several posts with great input and one that appeared to solve the problem. Sorry to bother....
    Mike
    Mike & Linda
    2022 Reflection 337RLS
    Ram 3500 Diesel
    Denver, CO

Comment

andyusna77 -- let me guess: turn the city inlet cone screen around so it opens the valve?
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Could you possibly link to that discussion? Thanks.
        Jim , Dianna , Katie , Molly and Sophie
        2020 Solitude 310 GK
        2021 F350 6.7 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by jim81147 View Post
          Could you possibly link to that discussion? Thanks.
          Jim,
          Just turn the city water inlet screen around so the "pointy end" is facing in so it forces open the valve. What's happening is the pump can't overcome the spring tension.

Don't forget to flip it back around when you're done winterizing.

Click image for larger version

Name:	flip.JPG
Views:	567
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	79975

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you Howard
            Jim , Dianna , Katie , Molly and Sophie
            2020 Solitude 310 GK
            2021 F350 6.7 SRW

Comment

I too thank you Howard. There were other posts I found while searching the Internet outside of this forum and it returned several posts from GD 2020. One summarized many of your (and others) recommendations which helped me. The summary was from Chuck48 dated 10/17/2020 and was based on your inputs! Besides reversing the City Water screen, priming the pump by filling the hose going into the jug of fluid helped too.
              Much appreciated

Mike
              2022 Reflection 337RLS
              Mike & Linda
              2022 Reflection 337RLS
              Ram 3500 Diesel
              Denver, CO

Comment

Working...
              X