No announcement yet.

New rig, sanitized water system - water tastes like summer garden hose water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest Jim, I think in the 4 years of owning the softener, I have had to regenerate the media 1X. (we don't camp a lot). Even then, with the quick connects on everything it only adds about 1 min to the total setup time. I have become a fan of those brass QD's for the water system. Especially since there is only 1 screw connection that I make at camp. I do leak check each one every time, but I am yet to have any leaks now. The old way, there was always a headache with the hose ends not aligning to screw them together due to stiffness, leaks at most joints, etc. It may not be for everyone, but we do like having the softer water and it helps keep hard water staining to a minimum.

Now if they made a portable green sand filter (that is the one that takes out the sulfur, chlorine, and other nasty things, that would be nice. Might have to look for one of those.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Jlawles2 View Post
      Guest Jim, I think in the 4 years of owning the softener, I have had to regenerate the media 1X. (we don't camp a lot). Even then, with the quick connects on everything it only adds about 1 min to the total setup time. I have become a fan of those brass QD's for the water system. Especially since there is only 1 screw connection that I make at camp. I do leak check each one every time, but I am yet to have any leaks now. The old way, there was always a headache with the hose ends not aligning to screw them together due to stiffness, leaks at most joints, etc. It may not be for everyone, but we do like having the softer water and it helps keep hard water staining to a minimum.

Now if they made a portable green sand filter (that is the one that takes out the sulfur, chlorine, and other nasty things, that would be nice. Might have to look for one of those.
      A sizable carbon filter will clean that up. If they made one with a drain it could work for an RV. Looks like you have a nice system. I have a carbon filter that's about 5ft tall that I plan to install at home.

Jim

Comment

Working...
      X