Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camper was not winterized... What else to check?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update. I finally got the toilet valves replaced. I aired the system up to 30psi about 4:00 yesterday. I just checked it and it is at around 28psi. Is that acceptable? I have not dropped the cloroplast yet.

Comment

Originally posted by trickyrabbit View Post
      Update. I finally got the toilet valves replaced. I aired the system up to 30psi about 4:00 yesterday. I just checked it and it is at around 28psi. Is that acceptable? I have not dropped the cloroplast yet.
      I would think that is acceptable, but I also would still use a little caution.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Assuming that air acts like an ideal gas, which I think it does but it's been awhile, the pressure should change with the temperature of the gas. Sounds like you pressurized the system at 4pm, about the point of peak heat, and then checked it in the morning, it would make sense the temperature of the air would go down overnight.

If I were in your situation though, I would be okay with that result. However, like Brian says monitor it as much as possible.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

I am apparently a terrible procrastinator. I just hooked it up to water today. No obvious leaks, except where it took the black tank flush vent off the wall to check it and didn't remount it. So a few drops came out because it was upside down.

Unfortunately, when I tested the new water pump, nothing happened. I checked the breakers and the switch on the panel, but didn't dig any deeper because it was getting late. I'm pretty sure I have it wired correctly. I'll get out a test light or multimeter tomorrow and check for current, and test the fuses on the breaker panel. My understanding is that it is practically impossible to get wiring diagrams for these. Is that correct? Any guidance is appreciated.

Comment

I am apparently a terrible procrastinator. I just hooked it up to water today. No obvious leaks, except where it took the black tank flush vent off the wall to check it and didn't remount it. So a few drops came out because it was upside down.

Unfortunately, when I tested the new water pump, nothing happened. I checked the breakers and the switch on the panel, but didn't dig any deeper because it was getting late. I'm pretty sure I have it wired correctly. I'll get out a test light or multimeter tomorrow and check for current, and test the fuses on the breaker panel. My understanding is that it is practically impossible to get wiring diagrams for these. Is that correct? Any guidance is appreciated.
            Yes there are no wire diagrams available. There is a fuse right at the water pump which may be blown.

Brian
            Brian & Michelle
            2018 Reflection 29RS
            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
            X