Furrion tankless water heater water too hot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Furrion tankless water heater water too hot

We have a 2022 reflection with a tankless hot water heater. It has worked perfectly for the last two trips, but on this trip the water is getting too hot. We set the temperature on the control panel, but the water temperature increases higher than it is set, over 120. Any ideas on how to fix this. We have 6 more days before we will be home.

Grandad pete -- for reference, a typical 6 gallon water heater's set temperature is 140 degrees, so by comparison 120 is not excessively hot but I noted the factory setting of the Furrion is 115.

To your specific question, there is a Water Control Valve that you can adjust to increase water flow through the tankless heater, effectively lowering the water temperature since it has less time to absorb heat.

Manual is attached for your convenience.

Attached Files
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

What I have noticed with our tankless is flow is important. For showering I set the temperature of the shower and run HOT water only. Too low of demand and the burner cannot turn down enough to meet the set temperature.
      Joseph
      Tow
      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad pete View Post
        We have a 2022 reflection with a tankless hot water heater. It has worked perfectly for the last two trips, but on this trip the water is getting too hot. We set the temperature on the control panel, but the water temperature increases higher than it is set, over 120. Any ideas on how to fix this. We have 6 more days before we will be home.
        I have the same problem. The flow valve is set to MAX. The unit operated as expected a day ago. Now the temperature just keeps going up and up! Today it reached 133 F. Yes, I can mix in cold, but that isn't my desire. It is definitely malfunctioning, and we are on a trip that is scheduled to last another 30 days.

Comment

Working...
        X