2022 2670 MK Imagine WH6ES hot water heater no go 1st trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 2670 MK Imagine WH6ES hot water heater no go 1st trip

Replace thermal coupler, cycled circuit breaker, checked the two amp fuse. There is water coming out of the hot water taps and the heater bypass valve is in the proper position there is no activity when either gas or electric is turned on. Is there any other step other than calling the dealer that I can take?
    when I bypass the thermal switch it was cycling the DSI that is when I went and bought two new thermal switches. Just a total bummer first trip. After replacing the thermal fuse there’s no more DSI activity if I bypass.

Originally posted by Rogue Wave View Post
    Replace thermal coupler, cycled circuit breaker, checked the two amp fuse. There is water coming out of the hot water taps and the heater bypass valve is in the proper position there is no activity when either gas or electric is turned on. Is there any other step other than calling the dealer that I can take?
    when I bypass the thermal switch it was cycling the DSI that is when I went and bought two new thermal switches. Just a total bummer first trip. After replacing the thermal fuse there’s no more DSI activity if I bypass.
    Do you have a DMM and know how to use it? There's some checks that can be done at the main board that I can share if you know how to do them.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I had an issue with the hot water heater not working as well. Everything looked correct but no power at the actual heating element.

I finally found that the wire going to the water heater had a splice in it and was connected with a wago connector that had come loose. Shoved it back in the wago and we had hot water.

Hope your issue is as easy to fix as mine.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

If you have an outside spray port with both hot and cold verify that the valve are closed. After that, verify valve setting (odd thing, but never hurts to check). Verify if possible and you are comfortable around energized circuits that there is power to the system.

If you can post a picture of the inside of the HWH it may help. Look around as some have reset buttons and one of the internal breakers may have tripped.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thanks everybody for the quick replies. I am comfortable with DMM and watched a recent video on checking the bottom brown post the top brown post and bottom yellow post on the control board. Found I had nothing and ordered a replacement control board. I’m assuming that’s going to fix the problem however I am interested in the Loose splice and where exactly that was located at? Thanks everybody if I missed something please let me know thank you!

Comment

Thanks everybody for the quick replies. I am comfortable with DMM and watched a recent video on checking the bottom brown post the top brown post and bottom yellow post on the control board. Found I had nothing and ordered a replacement control board. I’m assuming that’s going to fix the problem however I am interested in the Loose splice and where exactly that was located at? Thanks everybody if I missed something please let me know thank you!
            Click image for larger version

Name:	schematic.JPG
Views:	153
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	89825

With electric selected there should be 12v between 2 and 4 (12v input to the board when electric is selected). With gas selected 12v should be seen between 3 and 4. With either gas or electric (or both) selected, there should also be 12v between 1 and 4, and 5 and 4. With power off a continuity check from 1 to 5 will verify the safety devices are connected and functioning correctly. An open circuit here is a bad thermostat, thermal cut-off, or wiring.

Given the board is suspect, most likely what you'll find is 12v at the board coming in from the switches, but nothing on the brown wire at either 1 or 5 (board is not commanding power on).

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Thank you very much! Control board should be in before 10 PM tonight. And thank you for the schematic and voltage points. I appreciate very much updates to follow!

Comment

Thank you very much! Control board should be in before 10 PM tonight. And thank you for the schematic and voltage points. I appreciate very much updates to follow!
                I hope you bought a Dinosaur as the replacement? IMHO there's no comparison to OEM boards. http://www.dinosaurelectronics.com/ They are also very helpful--you can call them and they'll walk you through troubleshooting your current board.

Howard & Francine

Comment

I bought an OEM medic. It was definitely the control board fired right up. There was no voltage on the 12 V side DSI was not working. Thank you all very much for the help and swift responses. Gave me a little confidence that there’s enough people to count on in case something else goes wrong down the road. Happy camping!

Comment

Working...
                  X