water filter limited use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• water filter limited use

I would like to install a water filter but was wondering about limited use of the RV. If we only go camping a few times is there anything we need to keep the filter usable? Can I just empty the filter and let the cartridge dry and just use again when we go camping?

Thanks
    Dara & Jim
    2016 Reflection 337RLS
    2014 F350
    Conway, SC

Originally posted by jamieline View Post
    I would like to install a water filter but was wondering about limited use of the RV. If we only go camping a few times is there anything we need to keep the filter usable? Can I just empty the filter and let the cartridge dry and just use again when we go camping?

Thanks
    We have three filters. One for filling the tanks, one whole house filter that came with the Solitude and one for the Instahot. I do change them every other time I change the three house filters. The house filters are changed based upon the gauge in the refer. The RV filter interval is because the RV filters have far less use.

I only use the fill water and the RV pump. This enables regular use of the filters and keeps the white water tank fresh. I learned this from a full timer who wanted the most fresh water possible. If you do this and change the filters periodically, you will have no problem. So long as the filter has water, it does not deteriorate in any reasonable time period.

Best,

Charles
    2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Working...
    X